BerrySpeedy Latest version
I just finished coding my first release of this app. The main reason for this is that I always wanted to see what bandwidth I was giving by using BIS-B and by using my carrier APN. Maybe it would be a nice idea to compare results from carrier to carrier with BISB/APN from regions all over the world. OTA install link: http://ota.deltatech.com.mx/ Usage:
After running the app, you're presented with 2 options, Transport, and the Size of the download speedtest. If you select TCP, be sure to have your APN configured correctly under Options->Advanced->TCP. For the sizes, theres a 10K, 100K, 500K and 1M. Screenshots Note:
This app connects to one of my servers located on a US datacenter, and has 100mbit connect. Hopefully that wont be a bottleneck (considering that I doubt anyone will acheive 200KB/s from any BB) Check worldwide results
URL: BerrySpeedy Changelog
- Bug fixes for some bb models
- Shows version on app title
- The program now sends some anonymous information about the device (carrier, country, cellid, signal strenght, network type, model number, OS). With this information now it will be possible to create some reports of speeds by carrier, country, or even how well a particular unit performs (ie 3G Blackberries). Expect a web page where all this information can be shown.
- If no WIFI is available it now hides it from the transport list
NOTE: If you are still using the 1.0, please update ASAP since for this version I had to upgrade the server core, which right now runs on another port.
- Fixed a typo on the port server
- Fixed some app hangs when the tunnel cant be created and/or server problems
- Added an autoupdate check when apps starts.
- Changed the 10K to 50K (to make it a more 'reliable' test result for slow users)
Please report any bugs to this thread.