I would like to use the opportunity to present an application that I have written for the all BB with OS 4.3 or higher (sorry no support for 4.2.1 devices) [successfully tested (by other users and myself) with 8310, 8800, 8820, 9000 & 9500].
BBFileScout allows you to browse the file system of your BB - create directories, copy, move, rename or delete files. You can open all (by your Blackberry supported) media files. Furthermore BBFileScout allows you to open files (like ini, xml, etc.) as plain text, so you are able to mark, copy & paste text fragments of these files that normally can't be opened with your Blackberry. This can become very valuable when you receive eMail attachments that are not native supported by your Blackberry. More functionality (like copy & move of directories) is coming soon. Please Note:
Some (all?) BB devices have a root volume called 'system' - any files in this folder (and it's subfolders) might not be moved, deleted, renamed or copied - The problem is, that this error does not occur in the BB-Simulators - so it can be only debugged on a real device (which is some sort of though). Of course I am looking desperately for feedback from other Blackberry Users (specially devices that I do not have tested) - your feedback is highly appreciated.
BBFileScout is free
, nevertheless if you find the application useful day by day and you want that I am able to invest more of my time into the development of this application, then please be so kind and send me a little donation - details at the BBFileScout Homepage
- TIA. Features
What you can do with BBFileScout:
- Browse over the file system of your BlackBerry device
- Creating new directories
- Copy files from one folder to another - to do so:
- select a file in any directory
- choose Copy File TO 'Stack' from the menu
- browse to the target folder
- select Copy File FROM 'Stack' from the menu.
- Move files*
- Renaming existing files*
- Delete existing files [even ones that are preinstalled (like wallpapers or ringtones)]*
- Opening Media-Files**:
- Audio: W4A|MP3|WAV|AU3|MID|WMA
- Video: MPEG|AVI|MP4|3GP
- Image: JPG|PNG|GIF|TIFF|SVG
- Office (requires installed "Office to go"): DOC|XLS|PPT
- Other: TXT|HTML
- Opening Files in a SimpleTextViewer:
- You can open small files (smaller then 100KiB) in plain text mode - This enables you to open XML's, INI's or any kind of script files (or any other files) in your BlackBerry
- Once the file is opened, you can mark/select text and copy it into the clipboard (to use it where ever you like or need it)
- More to come...
* Please Note: deleting or renaming files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk!
** Not all types might be supported by your device Installation
You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage Additional Notes
Once again: Deleting or renaming files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk!
- Please Note: Some (all?) BB devices have a root volume called 'system' - any files in this folder (and it's subfolders) might not be moved, deleted, renamed or copied - The problem is, that this error does not occur in the BB-Simulators - so it can be only debugged on a real device (which is some sort of though).
- Even if I own a Storm myself there is no TouchScreen support (yet) - but once there is a stable/complete version of BBFileScout there will be a Strom enhanced Version (if there are any).
Looking forward for your comments