Alright. I will explain what is going on and what steps I have taken so if someone can help me they won't be doing things I have already done.
1. I needed to get a replacement BB Curve from Sprint as mine had a cracked screen.
2. I got the new unit and set up my email, phone, etc. No issues. I then went to load some apps I was using, such as Facebook and Opera Mini. No issues. I then went to install Google Talk, and I get a message stating:
"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Google Talk."
This is odd, as Talk worked just fine on my broken BB, which is the exact same make and model.
3. I then tried other IM programs, like Yahoo and AOL, and got the same message. Same for MSN Messenger.
4. I updated to the latest OS. Same result.
5. I called Sprint. I went round and round for nearly 2 hours. No solution.
6. I tried to load the Application Loader, but no one will let me download the programs to try it that way. They keep telling me to go to my BB browser to download.
7. I called back Sprint and they told me I needed a new BB and I need to send this one in. I find this to be pretty suspect. If everything else works, why doesn't this work?
Does anyone have any ideas why my IM programs, and ONLY my IM programs, are giving me a problem?
Forgive me if this gets asked a lot, but I have been looking through these forums and have not seen anything that has solved my issue.
Thanks for any help!