08-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Join Date: May 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | QuickCopy - Advanced Copy/Paste/View Utility
Please Login to Remove!
Introducing QuickCopy, an advanced Copy/Paste/View utility enabling quick access to PIM data from anywhere on the device. QuickCopy is highly customizable tool with limitless possibilities to suit your productivity needs.
QuickCopy fills the gaps that native Copy/Paste feature lags on BlackBerry devices. The utility, once invoked pins a shortcut menu to top right corner of your device giving you quick access to the most common PIM items such as Contacts, Tasks, Memos, Calendar & Email. By way of providing access to PIM items shortcut menu, QuickCopy not only enables you to access information from these PIM items without having to leave the current application you are in, but also for PIM items such as Contacts, Tasks & Memos, QuickCopy organizes data such that it enables you to quickly paste the contents automatically without ever having you to manually perform Select/Copy/Paste.
The latest OS versions that feaure "Switch Application" Menu Item provides access to only limited applications that are currently running on the device while QuickCopy works in a similar way but in addition it Always gives you access to all of your critical PIM data from any application on the device. QuickCopy also features Automatic Paste function (For Contacts, Tasks & Memos), so you dont have to manually perform Select/Copy/Paste steps without ever having to leave the current application you are in. Just place your cursor on any editable field anywhere on your device and let QuickCopy handle the Select/Copy/Paste for you. For accessing Calendar & Email data, QuickCopy functions similar to native "Switch Application" on the device but in addition it ALWAYS provides access to all of your PIM data from anywhere on the device by way of the QuickCopy shortcut menu. While "Switch Application" Menu Item may not always provide access to all of your PIM data, so the only other way is to exit the current application you are in to get access to the information you are looking for.
To name a few, for example, currently while you are on a Phone call, you can only access Email, Calendar & Contacts information. With QuickCopy shortcut menu, you can access Memos & Tasks too with data presented as an organized list enabling you to review information while on the phone conversation in a quick and efficient way without ever having to exit to home screen.
Most common Use Cases for QuickCopy, but not limited to are:
Assuming you have stored your login information in your Contact or you use your Email Address as your login id:
- Most often times when you visit a website on the device that requires login information, you may have to either manually type login id or you may have to manually perform Select/Copy/Paste by leaving the browser. With QuickCopy, while you are in the Browser and your cursor placed on an editable field, simply invoke the "Contacts" Menu Item from the QuickCopy shortcut menu and let QuickCopy organize your Contact information and bring it forward, so all you have to do is simply click on the specific information of the Contact to automatically paste the contents at the location of your cursor in a few and simple steps without having to hide the browser and go to the Address Book to Select & Copy
Assuming you have stored your Pre-canned message templates in your Memopad:
- With QuickCopy, in few simple steps, while you are in the Email application to compose an Email message (or SMS, MMS etc.), simply choose "Memos" Menu Item from the QuickCopy shortcut menu and let QuickCopy organize and list all your Memos, so all you have to do is simply click on the specific Memo that contains the Pre-Canned message template to automatically paste the contents in the Email message
Assuming you are on a phone call and want to quickly review information stored in Memopad for example:
- With QuickCopy, since it gives you the option to view your PIM data from anywhere on the device, you can quickly pull up Memos and view the detailed information on a memo with ease
Integration with Third Party Applications:
- For most of the Third Party applications that support Default menu items, you can leverage QuickCopy functionality like for example you can get access to all of your PIM data from within Facebook in case to want to refer to your PIM data or use the automatic paste function without having to manually type or quit the application
Quick exchange of data between PIM applications:
- With QuickCopy, you can now quickly create a memo out of an email & vice versa, task out of a memo & vice versa, calendar appointment out of an email and so on using the QuickCopy shortcut menu that provides easy access to any PIM data from within any PIM application as well as the automatic paste feature.
Cleanup duplicate contacts from your Address Book:
- Once you are in edit mode in a contact, just invoke QuickCopy to lookup the duplicate contact and use automatic paste feature of QuickCopy to efficiently copy the contact information from the dupicate contact with ease
And the possibilities are endless...
You can download the trial version at BlackBerryApps store and search for QuickCopy
Looking forward for your valuable feedback.