BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/)
-   -   BBSmartAlarmsPro Updated to Version 2.2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/202642-bbsmartalarmspro-updated-version-2-2-a.html)

[IFC]Area51 08-29-2009 08:47 PM

BBSmartAlarmsPro Updated to Version 2.2
 
No change log but noticed few changes.

Option to hide home screen alarm icon.

Application looks more organized.

I think you need to pay for this update as there is no way to enter your activation code?

daphne 08-29-2009 09:49 PM

Just downloaded it. Waiting for my Tour to reboot...

BBSmart - Software for your BlackBerry® says
"Now compatible with BlackBery Tour plus other features & fixes"

Now maybe I'll be able to set weekend alarms. (y)

daphne 08-29-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [IFC]Area51 (Post 1461671)

I think you need to pay for this update as there is no way to enter your activation code?

Mine retained the registration code. Did you check the About option in the menu?

Now it looks like it did on my Curve... not all squished up on the left side of the screen. (y) And I turned off the icon on the banner.

zerog46 08-29-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1461702)
Mine retained the registration code. Did you check the About option in the menu?

Now it looks like it did on my Curve... not all squished up on the left side of the screen. (y) And I turned off the icon on the banner.

How does it work D

zerog46 08-30-2009 09:44 AM

Wirelessly posted (Tour)

And it is working on the Tour with OS 5.

daphne 08-30-2009 03:16 PM

Works great. It's one of my must have apps. The native alarm/clock doesn't cut it. Glad to hear it's working on 5.0 also.

fkjr2 08-31-2009 12:32 PM

I actually like how the default clock on the Bold goes into Clock mode showing the time and time of next alarm - does BB alarm do this?

daphne 08-31-2009 06:42 PM

The program doesn't have a clock mode like the Tour's clock. The app shows all of your alarms and the alarm times on the main page. You can see screenshot of it here:

BBSmart - BBSmart Alarms Pro: Screenshots

It has a free trial also.

Ulukia 08-31-2009 11:09 PM

Anyone else having issues registering with the new 2.2? Just upgraded my BB to 231 and have to re-register everything but can't seem to find the spot to put the code in on the new version.

[IFC]Area51 09-01-2009 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1461702)
Mine retained the registration code. Did you check the About option in the menu?

Yes i did,
and all i see is:

Version: 2.2
Status: Trial (8 Days Left)

then an option to purchase full version.

Device Type: 9000
Device PIN:XXXXXXXX

Check for updates

then contact support,

which i did and they haven't reply on this impromptu change with no option rather than to buy the application and not giving anyone a link to the prior 1.25 version.

So, it's either u needed to have a back up copy of the 1.25 version through Desktop Manager or forced to buy this version? What's the deal?

...and still no place to input my activation code.

Kurai Kitsune 09-01-2009 01:50 PM

Just installed 2.2 . Previously it was 1.25 . Automatically shows as 'Registered' on the About screen.

daphne 09-02-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [IFC]Area51 (Post 1462966)
Yes i did,
and all i see is:

Version: 2.2
Status: Trial (8 Days Left)

then an option to purchase full version.

Device Type: 9000
Device PIN:XXXXXXXX

Check for updates

then contact support,

which i did and they haven't reply on this impromptu change with no option rather than to buy the application and not giving anyone a link to the prior 1.25 version.

So, it's either u needed to have a back up copy of the 1.25 version through Desktop Manager or forced to buy this version? What's the deal?

...and still no place to input my activation code.


Did you do the update from within the app, or did you download if from a web link?

Did you try clicking Purchase? Maybe there's a place to enter the registration code there.
If not, I'd try downloading it again and let it install over itself.

tbhuang2 09-02-2009 02:36 AM

FYI: BBSmart Alarms Pro is today's deal of the day! How about that... I just might get it!

Ulukia 09-02-2009 04:24 PM

This is the reply I received from BBSmart:

Quote:

With version 2.2 we removed the requirement for registration keys. Do
you currently have a registered version of the software installed on
your device? You can find out by going to the About screen in BBSmart
Alarms Pro. If not, please login to your account on the site that you
purchased the software from and you will be able to download and install
the full version.

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Peter
BBSmart
BBSmart - Software for your BlackBerry®

unreal 12-04-2009 02:59 PM

No place to enter reg code
 
I can confirm that there is no place to enter your registration code, which means you *must* find the site you originally bought the older version from -- in my case it was Crackberry's store -- and sign into your account to re-download the new version, which will be fully registered. So the problem is that you have to remember where the heck you bought your software. I got lucky and the second place I tried (Crackberry store) worked. But other places I could have bought it included the BlackBerry APPS Store here, the Handango site, and a number of other places. Hopefully you'll remember where you bought it and be able to log into your account to download the new version.

Eric

[IFC]Area51 12-06-2009 07:43 PM

Yup,

You need to upgrade from within(y) the older version, luckily i had a .cod back up of it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.