Originally Posted by dbltap
Got it installed. Had to uninstall to get the down rev number to work.
I am on a trip outside the US. But every message I send generates an error message "user connection is no longer active."
I'm not sure... I didn't have to uninstall anything. I only received a message asking me if I wanted to replace Kik v0.9.6 (the version already installed on my device) with Kik v0.9.4.40978 (beta that Ted L told me about). I answered "Yes" and it downloaded/installed without any issues. I believe that I did get 1 other message asking me if I wanted to replace one of the Kik modules and I also answered "Yes".
After the program finished downloading and installed, I was prompted to reboot my Bold 9700 or wait. I accepted to reboot my Blackberry. After my Blackberry rebooted, I started up Kik and tested it out. I got the usual Blackberry security prompt telling me that Kik wanted to modify its permissions and I verified/accepted the permission change.
The first thing that I immediately noticed was that I had to re-register/re-authenticate myself via SMS again. After that, I started a KikChat session and noticed the "Delivery" receipts. I then went through a few of the options and noticed that the "Not Available" was removed. Since tera_kristen
mentioned the Sound Profile integration in a later version (but I wasn't sure if it was the same version that I had just downloaded) and I didn't notice an option like in v0.9.6 where I could specify the Sound/Vibrate option on the Push Notification, I went into my Blackberry Sound Profiles and went through the various selections and discovered "Kik Messenger" in the "Other" selection/heading "+" down list. I changed the sound and vibrate to what I normally have for my instant messages and it worked
I then told Ted L what I thought of the beta as well as the single thing that I would most like to see corrected (KikContact direct modification like renaming, editing, deleting, etc.). I'm sure that this is possible and probably not very difficult to fix this since when you add a Kik contact via their KikCode, this person doesn't appear in the main Blackberry/iPhone contact and appears only within the KikContact listing... so the KikContact list and the regular Blackberry/iPhone Contact list is not the same (which I already knew due to inconsistencies in the names between my main contact list (on both my iPhone & Blackberry) and my KikContact).
The second thing I mentioned to Ted L was the ability to use KikSMS for one of my friends who was an iPhone Kikster but now has a "dumbphone" (no longer using Kik). When I use try to "Kik" him, the program automatically uses the KikChat feature since it thinks that he is still using Kik as opposed to the KikSMS feature.