09-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Carrier: Typhoid Mary
Post Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
This is the response I got from the folks at Vlingo support. I haven't tried this yet so can't confirm whether it works or not. And, note that they indicate that this is not a permanent solution. When I get around to trying it I'll post back with results.
Thank you for contacting Vlingo Customer Support.
Our apologies for the recent problems with Vlingo and GPS. We are working on a permanent solution but in the mean time we would like you to try the following troubleshooting steps.
First, you will need to disable "Location Awareness" in Vlingo's settings.
1. Open Vlingo, press the menu key and select Options.
2. Scroll down to "Location Awareness" and change the setting to "OFF"
3. After changing Location Awareness, you will need to reboot your BlackBerry by removing the battery (pressing the power button isn't sufficient... it's necessary to pull the battery).
That can, in some instances clear the problem you're seeing.
If you continue to experience GPS interference you will need to change Vlingo's permission settings.
1. Open your BlackBerry's Settings / Options menu and select "Advanced Options"
2. Open "Applications" and either search or scroll down to find Vlingo.
3. Press the menu key and select "Edit Permissions"
4. Under "Connections" change "Location Data" to Deny.
This should fix all GPS issues but may cause Vlingo to stop functioning properly. Remember to reboot your device after saving the permission changes.
We hope to have this issue will be fully resolved shortly. Thank you for working with us to solve this problem.