BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: RI, USA
Model: 7250
Posts: 34
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Any known remote connection apps

Please Login to Remove!

My company's DBA is looking for a app that can remote connect/telent to unix/windows sessions. Perfer opensource but any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks
Tekjock

Offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Bustopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.602
PIN: 325906f8
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 83
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Have you tried EasyReach?
Offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 41
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Remote Desktop for mobiles
Offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: RI, USA
Model: 7250
Posts: 34
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Let me detail this a bit more

Im looking for a app like PuTTY. it is a client program for the SSH, Telnet and Rlogin network protocols to connect to UNIX and windows sessions.

will the above mentioned apps do that
Offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
mbay2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CA
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 120
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You're looking for MidpSSH, which is free (though I strongly encourage that you donate if you find it useful). http://www.xk72.com/midpssh/

Idokorro Mobile SSH costs $, but also works and has a free trial
http://www.idokorro.com/index.shtml

I actually prefer MidpSSH, I find it works better and is easier to use than Idokorro.
Offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
KonTiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbay2002
You're looking for MidpSSH, which is free (though I strongly encourage that you donate if you find it useful). http://www.xk72.com/midpssh/

Idokorro Mobile SSH costs $, but also works and has a free trial
http://www.idokorro.com/index.shtml

I actually prefer MidpSSH, I find it works better and is easier to use than Idokorro.
I saw your post and was not aware of this application, I have always used Remote Desktopmobile. I am going to download it and install it this weekend to test, I am not savy on ssh or all of that not having a real DOS background, I can use Remote dsktopmobile because it is real easy to attach to my servers desktop and then its like I am there. Will I be able to attain the same with this application or is it going to require a lot of DOS terminology as oppossed to the remote desktops interface. Any input I would appreciate. Thanks, if you prefer you can PM me.
__________________
BB Tour 9650


Running OS 6.0.0.524
Offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: RI, USA
Model: 7250
Posts: 34
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbay2002
You're looking for MidpSSH, which is free (though I strongly encourage that you donate if you find it useful). http://www.xk72.com/midpssh/

Idokorro Mobile SSH costs $, but also works and has a free trial
http://www.idokorro.com/index.shtml

I actually prefer MidpSSH, I find it works better and is easier to use than Idokorro.
Awsome, but I left my Datacable at work. Will try on Tuesday or maby I will stop at work

THANKS
Offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: RI, USA
Model: 7250
Posts: 34
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What OS

Im about to Download it and not sure which one, for OS 3.x or OS 4

I have the 7250

Any thoughts

and what is the diference between ALX & COD file

Last edited by tekjock : 01-13-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8703
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What OS is loaded on your 7250?
Offline  
Old 01-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: RI, USA
Model: 7250
Posts: 34
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

NEver mind I found it, Still learning it. and shortly I have to support 10 maybe 15 users.

Tek
Offline  
Old 01-14-2006, 01:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
mbay2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CA
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 120
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
I saw your post and was not aware of this application, I have always used Remote Desktopmobile. I am going to download it and install it this weekend to test, I am not savy on ssh or all of that not having a real DOS background, I can use Remote dsktopmobile because it is real easy to attach to my servers desktop and then its like I am there. Will I be able to attain the same with this application or is it going to require a lot of DOS terminology as oppossed to the remote desktops interface. Any input I would appreciate. Thanks, if you prefer you can PM me.
Remote Desktopmobile is completely different from what you get with the SSH apps that I've mentioned. Remote Desktopmobile (from what I understand) allows you to access your Windows desktop from your BB.

The SSH clients allow you to open a telnet or SSH session typically to a Unix system, though if you have a telnet or SSH server on your Windows-based machine, you could use it that way as well.

Bottom line is, if you're not familiar with SSH or telnet, then the apps I listed probably are not worth even looking into.
Offline  
Old 01-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
KonTiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbay2002
Remote Desktopmobile is completely different from what you get with the SSH apps that I've mentioned. Remote Desktopmobile (from what I understand) allows you to access your Windows desktop from your BB.

The SSH clients allow you to open a telnet or SSH session typically to a Unix system, though if you have a telnet or SSH server on your Windows-based machine, you could use it that way as well.

Bottom line is, if you're not familiar with SSH or telnet, then the apps I listed probably are not worth even looking into.
Thanks, I am afraid that is precisely what I thought.
__________________
BB Tour 9650


Running OS 6.0.0.524
Offline  
Old 01-16-2006, 09:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ottawa
Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 145
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
Thanks, I am afraid that is precisely what I thought.
If your DBA is looking for specialized application to manage his databases with a very good wireless GUI tell them to check out Mobile Admin:

http://www.idokorro.com/products/ma-features.shtml

Of course as was mentionned before to manage Unix boxes using Telnet or SSH check out Mobile SSH:

http://www.idokorro.com/products/ssh-features.shtml

You can also download Mobile SSH wirelessly by pointing your BlackBerry Browser to http://www.idokorro.com .

If you have any questions or need help with the products feel free to contact us at [email address] and we will do anything necessary to help you out.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.