1) Set the APN settings in TCP option in your Advanced Settings. You will get these from your carrier (see here for more Carrier specific APN/TCP settings - BlackBerryFAQ
2) install Btalk (btalk - Project Hosting on Google Code
) It allows you to connect to gtalk using the APN settings (that is data from a normal data plan, not BIS or BES) and/or Wifi).
3) Download psi (Psi - The Cross-Platform Jabber/XMPP Client For Power Users
) on your computer and install.
4) Login using your gtalk credentials (see here Configuring Psi for Google Talk - Google Talk Help
5) Now we need to add here the msn and facebook contacts (that's what I use). Follow this tutorial (Tutorial for Psi 0.11 - PsiWiki
-Right click and find "Service Discovery"
-Go to Jabber/XMPP Server List
and find a server that supports the service you want (i.e. msn, icq)
-Put it to the address and press enter. Then you'll see the services in the box below. Right click on the one you need and click register and give username and password.
-Now you'll have a strange name contact blinking in the main psi window (along with your gtalk contacts). Right click and press Add/Auth. The Right click again and read the messages it has. At some point you'll get a lot of contacts pouring in and have to press accept for each one. There names will be in the form email@example.com@jabber.se...ou.chose .com
That's it. Now go back to your blackberry and fire up Btalk. You'll see also your MSN, icq contacts in there! If you don't like to see their emails, then go to gmail webpage and go to the contacts tab. There you'll find their emails, add names to them and restart Btalk (not the whole phone).
*Now facebook was a bit tricky for me. Find a jabber server that has jabber 2 jabber transport. Register for that and the put your facebook jabber credentials (from here Facebook Chat | Facebook
press other to see them). That should do the work.
Warning: If you have a lot of contacts it will be a pain to rename them once you add them to be recognizable. The facebook contacts will be in the form: firstname.lastname@example.org@jabber.server.com To find out which friend is that attach http://www.facebook.com/people/@/
at the beggining and put it in the browser. That is go to
and you'll see who it is.
Hope I helped.