Just FYI...The reasons why Verichat and WebMessenger Needs You To Pay For Server Service Annually:
- Staying connected through dynamic IP address changes
- Lower bandwidth protocols (lightweight proprietary IM protocol)
- Lower battery power (less transmissons)
- Surviving intermittent reception without confusing the real servers
- In theory, reduce timeout problems
I am currently beta testing a newer version of Verichat, and helping them debug the Verichat connection-reliability issues that exists in some versions of Verichat. So eventually, Verichat could be much better than WebMessenger. Time will tell...