07-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Serrabona tagWriter for NFC
Please Login to Remove!
Announcing Serrabona tagWriter for NFC (Near Field Communications)
Now available in BlackBerry App World: Search = NFC
Serrabona tagWriter will store contacts, events, tasks, URLs, SMS and email messages and generic URIs to NFC NDEF formatted tags as well as to NFC enabled items such as posters, business cards, wristbands etc containing NFC inlays. Once data has been stored on an NFC enabled item, the application also allows you to read and view the data on a tag, including options to launch applications automatically based on the contained data, and save content to your contacts, calendar, tasks and memopad. Additionally it will emulate an NFC tag within your device, allowing you to share data with other NFC enabled devices.
Please contact us at support at serrabona dot com if you have any problems with the application, or do not find the functionality you are looking for. We are continually improving the application and adding new features.
- Easily create tag content from your contacts, calendar and tasks
- Create content by entering new data
- View the existing content of a tag
- Tap to launch, based on the tag content
- Add tag content to your contacts, calendar, tasks and memopad
- Manage your history of tags written, read and shared
- Write multiple tags from a single data set
- Lock your tags, to prevent them from being over-written with new data
- Erase content from un-locked tags
- Share data with other NFC enabled devices
Serrabona tagWriter supports a set of configuration preferences allowing you to adapt the application to your own needs. Take a look at the Preference Screen accessed via the menu button and explore the options.
The following NFC Data sets are supported to launch applications:
- vCard, for Contacts and Phone Numbers
- vCalendar, for Events and Tasks
- TEL, to call the number in the tag
- SMS, to create a new text message using the phone number and text from the tag
- eMail, to create a new email message
- URL, to open the contained web address in the device browser
- Plain Text, to save in the device Memopad
Serrabona tagWriter supports the following NFC tag types:
NFC Forum Type Supported Tags
Type 1 Topaz 96
Topaz 512 (IRT5011)
Type 2 MiFare Ultra Light
MiFare Ultra Light C
Infineon my-D Move
Infineon my-D NFC
Type 3 FeliCa RC-S965
Type 4 MiFare DESFire EV1 (2k, 4k, 8k)
NOTE: That all tags must have been pre-formatted to the NFC NDEF format for use with tagWriter, we intend to add automatic NDEF formatting in a future release.