Originally Posted by pierre15208
Has anyone tried or succeeded to get Avantgo to run on a T-mobile BlackBerry? I'm running a 7230 w/ OS 4.0 and the latest version of BDS, and BIS from T-Mobile. When I try to launch Avantgo, I get an error 502 bad gateway message, details say the browser can't connect to rim.avantgo.com. I go to Avantgo's help site, and I go through the checklist:
1.HTML running on Browser...check. I'm getting that ability through the BIS on T-Mobile.
2.Check to see if default browser configuration in Options menu is set to BlackBerry Browser...problem. The only option I have in that config is T-Zones (ugh). There is no BlackBerry Browser option.
3. Changed TLS Option from Proxy to Handheld...no joy.
4. My TCP settings for the APN is set to wap.voicestream.com, I am getting good web browsing from both the BlackBerry Browser and Opera Mini.
maybe I just need confirmation, but this seems like a T-mobile issue. Has anyone gotten Avantgo to work on a T-mobile BlackBerry or does T-mobile not allow this to happen. Any help you can give will be appreciated.
I have a 7290 on T-Mobile service and Avantgo works perfect.
I'm no wiz, but here is what I did
1) I downloaded avantgolauncher.zip from Avantgo Website
2) Unzipped the file
3) Installed using the desktop manager
4) signed into avantgo with my userid and password (on the handheld)
5) I was on-line. Works very well, no complaints.