I have a Treo, where I have AIM installed. My office wants me to switch over to a Blackberry. I am reluctant to do so unless I'm sure I can use AIM. I would greatly appreciate some answers to the following:
1. Can I install AIM in my Blackberry?
2. Does it work well?
3. What about costs? I don't mind a one time fee for the software. I think I paid $30 for AIM for my Treo, but I would like to know that there's no separate text messaging charge or similar charge.
4. Anything else I should know?
1) Yes but it depends on who your carrier is. If you have T-Mobile, AIM is already on the device.
2) I think AIM software downloaded from AOL's Mobile store is only for Palm and Windows Mobile devices but you can use a third party multiple IM client.
3) I have never gotten charged for using any instant messenger although your carrier will tell you how much each text message will cost or if they have a bundle package. I always thought IMs and text messages are not the same.
4) If you go with a BlackBerry, you just bought yourself the most addicting device on the planet.