Okay, I have search for this answer in about every way that I can think of. I have found several other posts where people have the same problem, but no one ever responds to these folks with answers. So here I go trying again.
I have recently installed all of the BBx utilities on my 8700c. All seem to be working fine except BBWeather and the weather component of BBToday. I can tell that they are really the same little module, so I am sure that whatever fixes my problem with BBWeather will also get that part of BBToday working.
Here is the problem description:
- When I first installed BBWeather and tried to start it, it "thought" for a little bit and then I got this message: "ERROR: Expecting an Element".
- If I disable the MDS proxy, then I don't get the Element error, but I get a timeout error that says something about unable to create a tunnel.
- If I erase the Service Book for "Desktop (IPPP)" then I get an IPPP not found error.
The last one may sound like a stupid one to try, but I always have to erase this service book after using the Desktop Manager because it prevents Google maps from working. This is a workaround suggested by my IT department.
Specs for my environment:
- BB 8700c
- OS = 18.104.22.1684
- Cannot disable firewall (corporate phone)
- All other internet applications (berry411, internet browsers) work fine
- As mentioned above, Google maps work, but I have to delete the Desktop (IPPP) service book
to accomplish this (no clue why this is required)
Does anyone have any insight into how I might get this application to work? This is driving me crazy.