BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/)
-   -   BBtoday Weather (http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/3920-bbtoday-weather.html)

n8than1 02-24-2005 11:56 PM

BBtoday Weather
 
I am using a Verizon 7750 BB. I have updated to 4.0. I have recently installed BBToday and everything is functioning correctly except the weather display. I go to preferences>then select Non BES. I put in my zipcode, because Lookup Location ID does nothing, then I save. On the BBToday screen I click the menu then click Update Now. It says "The application BBToday has attempted to open a conncection to a locaton inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT pollicy." Then on weather display it says "Permission denied". Please give me any feed back on how to get this weather working properly. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

n8than1 02-25-2005 07:01 PM

Anybody?! Please, I sure would love to have the weather! :D

MichaelT 02-25-2005 08:24 PM

go to mobile.blackberry.com & receive PUSH weather reports.

roofus 02-26-2005 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8than1
Anybody?! Please, I sure would love to have the weather! :D

Try this thread on RimRoad: http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/show...threadid=53263

helowarrior 02-28-2005 02:54 PM

Entering a location code for the weather.
 
I can't seem to be able to put letters in for a location code. It only seems to like a five digit ZIP. Any ideas?

Thanks

DVST8 02-28-2005 03:28 PM

You must be using an old version of BBToday.. I believe 1.4 and higher now uses the location code.

shillcom 05-11-2005 11:44 AM

BB Today Weather Local setting
 
Go here (Example lookup for the default local setting that loaded on mine)
http://www.google.com/alpha/Top/Regi...dlands/Weather

Then start from 'United States' or applicable and continue drilling to localities and to the local city that has a weather link. Then you will see an URL from the weather channel with your appropriate location ID.

Replace the BB Today location ID then chose save on the menu and it will work for your location now. (y)

csquare 05-11-2005 04:24 PM

I have the exact same equipment and the exact same problem, so if you figure it out, please let me know as well.

Thanks


Quote:

Originally Posted by n8than1
I am using a Verizon 7750 BB. I have updated to 4.0. I have recently installed BBToday and everything is functioning correctly except the weather display. I go to preferences>then select Non BES. I put in my zipcode, because Lookup Location ID does nothing, then I save. On the BBToday screen I click the menu then click Update Now. It says "The application BBToday has attempted to open a conncection to a locaton inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT pollicy." Then on weather display it says "Permission denied". Please give me any feed back on how to get this weather working properly. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.


HeadOffice 05-18-2005 08:44 AM

Me too (on my T-Mobile 7290)! In fact...
 
I cannot locate my location code as well as have a failed message when trying to open a tunnel. This is regardless of the MDS proxy setting.

As for location code - closest I can figure out for New York City is USNY515 but I'm not sure if this is correct as I can't get anything to work (stocks also report tunnel opening failure).

Some useful suggestions for next release:
  • at least a help file supplied (in the zip file would do)
  • an 'about' option to easily determine version

If you find an answer I'd love to hear about it...

csquare 05-18-2005 02:01 PM

Try using just your zip code for the location. From what I have found on the other location codes, they are usually set up for four letters to establish country and state, and then four numbers for geographic location. Based on your input, you might be missing the forth digit. Hope this helps.


Chris


Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadOffice
I cannot locate my location code as well as have a failed message when trying to open a tunnel. This is regardless of the MDS proxy setting.

As for location code - closest I can figure out for New York City is USNY515 but I'm not sure if this is correct as I can't get anything to work (stocks also report tunnel opening failure).

Some useful suggestions for next release:
  • at least a help file supplied (in the zip file would do)
  • an 'about' option to easily determine version

If you find an answer I'd love to hear about it...


mikealdo 05-18-2005 02:21 PM

Go to this web site http://www.almanac.com/weather/forecast/locations
Select you state, then your city. In the web page Address you will see the location code, for me, Staten Island, NY it's USNY1401

corey@12mile 05-18-2005 02:35 PM

Here's what I just did for one of my users... I typed in the name of the closest city and did a lookup on it, it found me the right code and I saved it from there.

Once you type in the name of the city, click the trackwheel and do the lookup from there.

Make sure you save the code it puts in, for some reason it wasn't prompting me to save or anything if I just hit the escape button.

cd.

DavidE 05-18-2005 02:42 PM

Here's another site for finding location codes that are compatible with BBToday and BBWeather: http://www.aspnetresources.com/tools/locid.aspx.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

corey@12mile 05-18-2005 03:07 PM

DavidE... When I try to enter St. Catharines, Ontario, which is CAXX0416 accoring to the link you gave, BBToday comes up with an error refreshing the weather data, yet on a standalone version of BBWeather, the location ID works fine... go figure eh...

I have version 1.5 of BBToday I believe.

cd.

DavidE 05-18-2005 04:46 PM

Corey, that is odd -- especially since both programs were written by the same developer. I'm currently using BBWeather, and not BBToday, so I have no way to check the CAXX0416 code in BBToday. Maybe someone else could try it.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

pankster 05-25-2005 04:14 PM

u will need to change the BES server policy, or reload your BB

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...00454&vernum=1

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8than1
I am using a Verizon 7750 BB. I have updated to 4.0. I have recently installed BBToday and everything is functioning correctly except the weather display. I go to preferences>then select Non BES. I put in my zipcode, because Lookup Location ID does nothing, then I save. On the BBToday screen I click the menu then click Update Now. It says "The application BBToday has attempted to open a conncection to a locaton inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT pollicy." Then on weather display it says "Permission denied". Please give me any feed back on how to get this weather working properly. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.


winmaw 05-27-2005 12:46 PM

Hi everyone,

BBtoday will work with your zip codes. enter APN "your carrier wap address" setting under your TCP and I believe it will work. Another step is I found many threads that auto update weather does not function properly. What I did is I setup duration to 4 hrs and configure to update after full hours. ( meaning that 4:10pm or 8:10pm ) The reason which I realized that the weather update at weather web site occurs every hours at XX:51 minutes and your BB pull data happens to be at that time you will get error.
This is my 2 cents advise.

corey@12mile 05-27-2005 12:52 PM

winmaw...

I don't have a zip code, I have a postal code. Try putting in L0R 2AO and see what kinda weather that gets you.

cd.

winmaw 05-27-2005 02:56 PM

Hi,

Is it L0R2AO ? It shows invalid location.

corey@12mile 05-30-2005 03:47 PM

That is my postal code, yes... Put any Canadian postal code in and see if it's a valid location... hrm eh...

cd.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.