BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Gkins3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.206
PIN: 24B4032B
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sync Problem

Please Login to Remove!

You have to also have the check box checked that says sync add-ins. You can have the checkbox checked for DataVault, but if the main box for add-ins is not checked it will still not do it.

Hope that helps.

George
__________________
Blackberry 8900 4.6.1.231 BIS
Offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
K_T
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: Pearl
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The Execute Add-Ins is checked and also it is listed in the add-ins configuration dialog. Beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with the Desktop Manager software. I can sync my outlook. I have tried 2 different programs to see if it was the BB programs or something else and both did the same thing. The first one did have a configure button available but did not do what the program said it was supposed to do. Was supposed to have of course configuration options but all it said was do you want to clear your settings. The latter one has the configure button greyed out and according to the user guide that is the way it is supposed to be.

JUST AN UPDATE SINCE THIS POST--I just downloaded cryptmagic password and this program worked without any problems whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkins3
You have to also have the check box checked that says sync add-ins. You can have the checkbox checked for DataVault, but if the main box for add-ins is not checked it will still not do it.

Hope that helps.

George

Last edited by K_T : 02-24-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Offline  
Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BerryCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 104
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Windows Vista, BB Desktop Manager Sync Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_T
The Execute Add-Ins is checked and also it is listed in the add-ins configuration dialog. Beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with the Desktop Manager software...
This is a known issue for the BlackBerry Desktop Manager running on Microsoft Vista. The proposed work-around is to click in the window to the left of the application name where the check box normally is (see red button below). The check box will not appear but the Add-in will be activated and the application should Synchronize correctly.

We have alerted BlackBerry Technical Support and we are awaiting a response.

Marc
Ascendo


Last edited by BerryCool : 02-27-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Offline  
Old 02-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
K_T
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: Pearl
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks Marc...I took your advice had to click on the add-in in the configuration box a couple times then it worked just fine. Guess RIM will have to create a patch for the Desktop Software. Thanks again.
Offline  
Old 03-01-2007, 10:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
bulldoggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 101
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

DeanQ asked how DataVault compares to MiniSafe.

I have been using MiniSafe for approximately one year. In that time, there have been no improvements. Compare that to this forum posting alone to see the number of improvements made to DataVault.

I downloaded a trial version of DataVault about a week ago. I am purchasing the product today.

Some of the improvements as compared to Minisafe include: incredible search speed, the tree view, options provided (check out Minisafe's options screen and compare it to Datavault's), and the ability to use your own label on any and every listing. Datavault also provides templates which you can select but you can still tweak the labels to your liking.
__________________
When in doubt, empty the magazine...
Offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8100
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hate to sound like the cheapo here, but is there a newer coupon code available. Tried the product and loved it. Gonna purchase it regardless, just looking to save a couple of bucks. Thanks in advance.
Offline  
Old 03-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BerryCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 104
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebudda
Hate to sound like the cheapo here, but is there a newer coupon code available. Tried the product and loved it. Gonna purchase it regardless, just looking to save a couple of bucks. Thanks in advance.
Hi thebudda,

Please see the Special Offers section at the bottom of the DataVault description page. Click here.

Best,
Marc
Ascendo
Offline  
Old 03-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
K_T
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: Pearl
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Data Vault

Hi Marc,

Just was wondering if you plan to make it so the software could go to link and autofill user id and password? I really think that would be a real blessing for us old guys that can't remember.
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 12:37 AM   #29 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BerryCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 104
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_T
Hi Marc,

Just was wondering if you plan to make it so the software could go to link and autofill user id and password? I really think that would be a real blessing for us old guys that can't remember.
Hi K_T,

Ascendo DataVault Desktop allows you to go to a link and auto-fill the user id and password. To make sure that DataVault finds the right fields, you should use the auto-create feature in DataVault, ie fill in an internet form, then right click one of the fields and select "Save to DataVault" from the context menu. Both auto-fill and auto-create are described in detail in the user guide. We support Internet Explorer at the current time.

Marc
Ascendo
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
K_T
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: Pearl
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks Marc for your reply. What I was referring to was the Blackberry version not the one on the desktop. I only know of one browser for the Blackberry that supports autofilling web forms, but I think having datavault and the browser on the phone would kind of defeat the purpose for a password manager. Not complaining just was wondering if you were going to make the phone version with autofill features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryCool
Hi K_T,

Ascendo DataVault Desktop allows you to go to a link and auto-fill the user id and password. To make sure that DataVault finds the right fields, you should use the auto-create feature in DataVault, ie fill in an internet form, then right click one of the fields and select "Save to DataVault" from the context menu. Both auto-fill and auto-create are described in detail in the user guide. We support Internet Explorer at the current time.

Marc
Ascendo
Offline  
Old 03-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
tobyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Posts: 278
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the recommendation. I have been trying out DataVault for a few days now and there is a lot to like.

However, one small snag prevents me from purchasing right away, and I would like to see if anyone else has the same issue. Firstly, syncing with desktop manager seems to take a long time with time spent on "Ascendo DataVault Progress / Loading records from device". After a little while on this the "Server Busy" dialog with "Switch To.." "Close" etc. pops up. If I press Retry it pops up once or twice more and eventually syncs.

Does anyone have the same behaviour??? I checked the Ascendo site and couldn't find anything of relevance in the support section. Possibly I am doing something wrong. I hope I can fix this as otherwise it seems like it could be pretty useful.
Offline  
Old 03-31-2007, 08:10 AM   #32 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BerryCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 104
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb BlackBerry Auto-Fill work around

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_T
Thanks Marc for your reply. What I was referring to was the Blackberry version not the one on the desktop. I only know of one browser for the Blackberry that supports autofilling web forms, but I think having datavault and the browser on the phone would kind of defeat the purpose for a password manager. Not complaining just was wondering if you were going to make the phone version with autofill features.
Hi K_T,

Auto-fill on the BlackBerry would be very cool and we are looking into it.

In Version 3.5 of DataVault for BlackBerry we added the ability to initiate a browser session and "Go To" the URL stored in a field. You can use the BlackBerry contextual menu to Select and Copy passwords from DataVault and Paste them into a browser field. If you need to copy additional fields you can press ALT-ESCape simultaneously to go back and forth between DataVault and the Browser.

We know this is not a perfect work around but it may be helpful to some while waiting.

Best,
Marc
Ascendo Inc.
Offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #33 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 77
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Another vote for DataVault! I love it. It's been so handy; exactly what I was looking for. It's amazing how many damn logins and passwords I have, especially when I start putting in my work stuff, where I have a ton of logins as well.

It's a simple app but it does exactly what it is supposed to.
Offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #34 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I find a great deal NOT to like about Data Vault. Among its shortcomings:

No easy way to download and install updates. I've been on their website and still don't know how.

The desktop tree view is "early Windows" at best. Can't collapse the categories and everytime I delete an item the view switches to a default view and I have to scroll back to where I was viewing.

Can't tell what version I'm running on the desktop

I sorely miss the desktop view of eWallet. In fact, I really miss eWallet. I just wish they made a version for Blackberry. Data Vault is a mere shadow of eWallet.
Offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 10:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BerryCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 104
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi pctower,

For information on downloading and installing updates for Ascendo DataVault, click here.

You can collapse and expand levels in the desktop tree by clicking on the "+" or "-" to the left of the Category/Type. If you prefer closed/open folder icons instead of "+/-", select Tools > Options from the main menu. The DataVault Desktop supports dragging & dropping Categories, Types & Items. To see a screen shot of the DataVault Desktop, click here.

There are two ways to collapse a branch using DataVault for BlackBerry; 1/ click on the track wheel or track ball and click on "Collapse" from the screen menu, 2/ highlight a category and click once on the space key to collapse and again to expand.

Marc
Ascendo

Last edited by BerryCool : 04-24-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 04:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
tobyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Posts: 278
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyw View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I have been trying out DataVault for a few days now and there is a lot to like.

However, one small snag prevents me from purchasing right away, and I would like to see if anyone else has the same issue. Firstly, syncing with desktop manager seems to take a long time with time spent on "Ascendo DataVault Progress / Loading records from device". After a little while on this the "Server Busy" dialog with "Switch To.." "Close" etc. pops up. If I press Retry it pops up once or twice more and eventually syncs.

Does anyone have the same behaviour??? I checked the Ascendo site and couldn't find anything of relevance in the support section. Possibly I am doing something wrong. I hope I can fix this as otherwise it seems like it could be pretty useful.
Any ideas about this anyone? I e-mailed Ascendo and haven't got a response. A shame, as apart from this problem (which I'd love to know if unique to me) there is a lot to like here.

EDIT: Marc and his team at Ascendo have been helping me out with this, and I have to say that they seem like good guys - I've even purchased DataVault now!

Last edited by tobyw : 04-25-2007 at 12:58 PM. Reason: update
Offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BerryCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 104
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyw View Post
Any ideas about this anyone ("Server Busy" dialog with "Switch To..")?
Hi Toby,

We looked into this issue and found information at the following link:
How to prevent the "Switch To" or "Application Busy" error messages using OLE Automation
"This error message usually occurs because the OLE activated application has an open dialog box and is expecting user input."

In the case you described above, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is using OLE to activate Ascendo DataVault synchronization. We've added 2-way conflict resolution in addition to BlackBerry Wins/Desktop Wins which allows the user to specify which modified entry, BlackBerry or Desktop, is the one to keep. If you get this message, please check for an open dialogue window which is waiting for your input.

Best,
Marc
Ascendo

Last edited by BerryCool : 05-22-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 01:06 PM   #38 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BerryCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 104
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Competetive Upgrade from Palm OS

We have received lots of interest in Ascendo DataVault from Palm users.

As a result, we have decided to extend our comptetive upgrade offer to people who purchased a password manager for Palm OS and want to switch to Ascendo DataVault for BlackBerry. For more information, please write to [email address]

Marc
Ascendo

Last edited by BerryCool : 06-06-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #39 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BerryCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 104
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ascendo DataVault Version 4

Thanks for all of your comments. We recently released Version 4 of Ascendo DataVault which includes many of your suggestions.

Please click here to go to the new thread with DataVault Version 4 announcement and list of new features.

Marc
Ascendo
Offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #40 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
lamonicaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 116
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldoggy View Post
DeanQ asked how DataVault compares to MiniSafe.

I have been using MiniSafe for approximately one year. In that time, there have been no improvements. Compare that to this forum posting alone to see the number of improvements made to DataVault.

I downloaded a trial version of DataVault about a week ago. I am purchasing the product today.

Some of the improvements as compared to Minisafe include: incredible search speed, the tree view, options provided (check out Minisafe's options screen and compare it to Datavault's), and the ability to use your own label on any and every listing. Datavault also provides templates which you can select but you can still tweak the labels to your liking.

When I had my Treo, I was an avid user of eWallet....well, once got my Curve, I was disappointed to find that there was yet another application that I would have to say goodbye to. I stumbled accross MiniSafe, when I was beta testing MiuTunes & I was satisfied for the most part. I had forgotten how much I missed the Tree View, until I read your post. My trial has ran out of MiniSafe so I went & downloaded the trial for Datavault & I am in love. I love the template options, Tree View, etc. So I am now a Ascendo customer!!!!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.