BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Model: 8703e
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default how to make ramble IM alsway on?

Please Login to Remove!

i downloaded ramble and use it for AIM.. but if i ma not active it logs me off.
how do i make it so i am always logged on and can recieve ims at any time from anyone?

thanks
Offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
[IFC]Area51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NYC Konkrete Jungle
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
PIN: GU!!!
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Posts: 494
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o
i downloaded ramble and use it for AIM.. but if i ma not active it logs me off.
how do i make it so i am always logged on and can recieve ims at any time from anyone?

thanks
You're in the stone ages, lol.
Look at this thread.
Looking for beta testers for new multi-client IM application
Offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Model: 8703e
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [IFC]Area51
You're in the stone ages, lol.
Look at this thread.
Looking for beta testers for new multi-client IM application

care to explain.. i do nto feel liek reading through 14 pages...

thanks
Offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
DiRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 320
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The link [IFC]Area51 provided is to a multi-network IM client. People seem to like it, but it is still in beta, and I personally won't run an application on my phone that blocks incoming calls.

I don't think you can accomplish what you want with Ramble. It is known for disconnecting. For a free AIM client it's worth every penny. It works, but it can't be relied upon for always-on AIM.
Offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hawaii
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.231
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 417
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRN
The link [IFC]Area51 provided is to a multi-network IM client. People seem to like it, but it is still in beta, and I personally won't run an application on my phone that blocks incoming calls.

I don't think you can accomplish what you want with Ramble. It is known for disconnecting. For a free AIM client it's worth every penny. It works, but it can't be relied upon for always-on AIM.

what do you mean blocks incomming calls? i have not noticed this
Offline  
Old 02-17-2007, 12:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
DiRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 320
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableGuy711
what do you mean blocks incomming calls? i have not noticed this
Looking for beta testers for new multi-client IM application
Offline  
Old 02-17-2007, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hawaii
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.231
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 417
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

you just linked me to a 15page thread for jivetalk.
care to be a little more specific?
Offline  
Old 02-17-2007, 03:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
DiRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 320
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I actually linked you to a post in a 15 page thread.
Offline  
Old 02-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
[IFC]Area51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NYC Konkrete Jungle
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
PIN: GU!!!
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Posts: 494
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o
care to explain.. i do nto feel liek reading through 14 pages...

thanks
Well, then you're not interested in the program, sorry all i can do is point you out to a better solution not read a bed time story for you, hehe.

P.S. Dont be lazy and read, i think it's worth it and worth a shot. Dont mean to sound harsh!.
Offline  
Old 02-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hawaii
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.231
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 417
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRN
I actually linked you to a post in a 15 page thread.

I see it now, thanks..

funny thou. only 1 person has mentioned this in 15 pages? 585 replys in that one thread.

you would think we would have heard more things about it. =)
Offline  
Old 02-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
DiRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 320
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableGuy711
I see it now, thanks..

funny thou. only 1 person has mentioned this in 15 pages? 585 replys in that one thread.

you would think we would have heard more things about it. =)
I agree that more people should be talking about a problem like that, so perhaps it is just that one person with the problem. But I brought it up because I know that I rely on my BB for the phone a heck of a lot more than I do for IM, and wanted to point in out for others in the same boat.
Offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 7290
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I hate ramble also, It logs me off every 3 minutes....Does anyone know of a good aim application even if i have to pay....
Offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 11:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 105
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ramble works just fine for me. No weird stuff.
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 07:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
AnthroMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mesa, AZ
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0
PIN: 268B3F92
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 887
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

The only time I have ever had a problem with Ramble disconnecting was when I had it set to use my MDS TCP (I think thats what it was called). Once I changed the configuration to use the Device TCP, it has never given me a problem.
__________________
GO GATORS!
Offline  




Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.