BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2005, 03:07 PM   #41 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 75
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

i cant get it to work either, tunnel not open when i disable the proxy, please help
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:30 AM   #42 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Florida
Model: 7520
Posts: 197
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey the tools are great, luckily they all work for me all i had to do was disable the mds for bbweather..

as for the bbreply, when replying to a message you choose; reply and then choose "set reply to" .. it then adds the line, reply to: [email address] .. when i send the message it still shows as my BB.net email address .. am i doing something wrong?

also anyone getting locked up when selecting like an event on the calendar or mail area or anything on the on the bbtoday page .. complely exits the application (bbtoday) and locks up for a few, have to hit ESC a few times..
__________________
PCNeTGeeK

Friends Dont Let Friends Call Nextel BlackBerry Support, They Direct Them To The Friendly BlackBerryForums.Com Support..

PIN: 40082120

Last edited by pcnetgeek : 05-06-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 66
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default BBTODAY and BBWEATHER issues

OK....I have been scouring for hours now looking for the answer which elludes me.
I have a 7750 with OS4 on the Verizon network. I am not getting the weather on either app. I have tried disabling the proxy server and still get the dreeded "Protocol not found:null" in BBTODAY and the "could not find service book entry for IPPP" note in BBWEATHER. HELP!!!!!! These are both great and I would be willing to donate towards them if I can get them to work completly....

Chris
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 06:26 PM   #44 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
7100simpleisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 355
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquare
OK....I have been scouring for hours now looking for the answer which elludes me.
I have a 7750 with OS4 on the Verizon network. I am not getting the weather on either app. I have tried disabling the proxy server and still get the dreeded "Protocol not found:null" in BBTODAY and the "could not find service book entry for IPPP" note in BBWEATHER. HELP!!!!!! These are both great and I would be willing to donate towards them if I can get them to work completly....

Chris
Chris,

Do a search for setting up the APN for your carrier. It sounds like you don't have a BES due to the "could not find service book entry for IPPP" error you are receiving so you need to set up the TCP/IP option to get BBToday to work but with the current BBWeather it will not work without a BES (or so I have found but maybe disabling MDS might fix that if you have TCP set up).

Good luck.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:47 PM   #45 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi have aquestion for you. Installed the new updated software for my bb 7520 and now when I try and configuer the bb weather profile it freezes on edit. Unistalled and reinstalled bb weather and still get the sam problem. Any guesses?

[email address]
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #46 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 66
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK, Where do I go to enter in the APN info. There is no place to (that I could find) in the options menu and my browser is working fine.

Chris


Quote:
Originally Posted by 7100simpleisbetter
Chris,

Do a search for setting up the APN for your carrier. It sounds like you don't have a BES due to the "could not find service book entry for IPPP" error you are receiving so you need to set up the TCP/IP option to get BBToday to work but with the current BBWeather it will not work without a BES (or so I have found but maybe disabling MDS might fix that if you have TCP set up).

Good luck.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #47 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
7100simpleisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 355
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquare
OK, Where do I go to enter in the APN info. There is no place to (that I could find) in the options menu and my browser is working fine.

Chris
If you go to Options --> TCP/IP you can enter the settings.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #48 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
7100simpleisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 355
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New Use for BBToday

Depending on your needs here is a great way to use BBToday. I prefer the all-in-one view of the BBToday weather. It shows current weather with the five day forecast right underneath so you don't have to scroll or anything.

I have found that if you go to Options and put Weather in more than one Plugin slot you can configure each one independently so that you can have Atlanta weather in one, Chicago in another, etc. Obviously you need to leave out other applications because there are a limited number of spaces but if you use it mostly for weather, calendar and device info you have plenty of slots (2-3 more) for multiple weather profiles.

I find this very useful as I travel frequently and having multiple at-a-glance views of weather in different cities is great!!!

7100sib
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:00 AM   #49 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 66
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry to be such a pain about this topic.. On the 7750, there is no TCP-IP configuration.

Chris


Quote:
Originally Posted by 7100simpleisbetter
If you go to Options --> TCP/IP you can enter the settings.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #50 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
7100simpleisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 355
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquare
Sorry to be such a pain about this topic.. On the 7750, there is no TCP-IP configuration.

Chris
You have now reached my maximum capacity. I have a 7100t and have not had any other BB prior. Have you done a search on this on the forum. Maybe someone else can help. You may also find the thread that you found the APN information from and post your question there.

7100sib
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:55 AM   #51 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 66
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK, I will try that and thanks for the help.

Chris


Quote:
Originally Posted by 7100simpleisbetter
You have now reached my maximum capacity. I have a 7100t and have not had any other BB prior. Have you done a search on this on the forum. Maybe someone else can help. You may also find the thread that you found the APN information from and post your question there.

7100sib
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:55 AM   #52 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Le Dirty Jersey
Model: 7100t
Posts: 39
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is there any thought in getting a recent calls plugin for bbtoday? I think that would be slick. Is there a developer handbook available?

Rippey
__________________
Rippey
Pin 201EF44A
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 AM   #53 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
7100simpleisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 355
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrippey
Is there any thought in getting a recent calls plugin for bbtoday? I think that would be slick. Is there a developer handbook available?

Rippey
Not sure what you are looking for here but there is a Phone feature that will list the last 3 (or whatever you set) missed calls. You need to go to the phone app to return the call but you can see what you have missed, highlight the field and click Select to go to the app to make the call. Please explain more of what you are looking for other than this so others can understand your request a little better.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #54 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Le Dirty Jersey
Model: 7100t
Posts: 39
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I see the phone plugin (which shows the missed calls). I am looking for a faster way to get to the address /phone book. when I click on phone I get the list of last calls missed / made but if I want to look someone up, I have to goto the address book. I think that would be slick if it could be done from the today screen (kind of like a contact shortcut).

thanks for the quick reply.
__________________
Rippey
Pin 201EF44A
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:33 AM   #55 (permalink)
tys
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
tys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Model: 7780
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me out. I have a 7780 BB on ATT Wireless. I'm a corp user and therefore on a BES. No idea about APN or whatever. BBToday works except for Weather and Stocks. Weather error says "End tag does not match start tag'm...(the rest runs off the screen)". Anyone?

Chris
__________________
http://home.stny.rr.com/ctatar/images/att_logo2.gif
7780/BES/4.0/4.0
PIN: 202A9CDA
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:41 PM   #56 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto Canada
Model: Q10
OS: 10.2.1.21
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 439
Post Thanks: 12
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tys
I wonder if anyone would be able to help me out. I have a 7780 BB on ATT Wireless. I'm a corp user and therefore on a BES. No idea about APN or whatever. BBToday works except for Weather and Stocks. Weather error says "End tag does not match start tag'm...(the rest runs off the screen)". Anyone?

Chris
I am on the same configuration as you except on the Rogers network here in Canada and am running a 7290. I have been running BBToday 1.5 for about 6 weeks without problem. Like many people, though, I have frequent "Bad DNS Address" for weather and stock quotes, but that is always rectified by a couple of manual updates. You might try to disable the MDS proxy in the weather preference menue.
One issue that has just happened since the BES was upgraded to 4 earlier this week, which was not a problem prior to the BES going to 4, is that location lookup id in the weather preferences no longer works. In fact it causes my Blackberry to freeze. Any suggestions?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 06:46 AM   #57 (permalink)
tys
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
tys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Model: 7780
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfraser
I am on the same configuration as you except on the Rogers network here in Canada and am running a 7290. I have been running BBToday 1.5 for about 6 weeks without problem. Like many people, though, I have frequent "Bad DNS Address" for weather and stock quotes, but that is always rectified by a couple of manual updates. You might try to disable the MDS proxy in the weather preference menue.
One issue that has just happened since the BES was upgraded to 4 earlier this week, which was not a problem prior to the BES going to 4, is that location lookup id in the weather preferences no longer works. In fact it causes my Blackberry to freeze. Any suggestions?
Thanks Jim, I'll check out the MDS Proxy. My corp is running BES 4.0 as well. Have you changed any settings under the Options icon from your home screen? I've read all the posts regarding TCP and APN and proxy's, etc - tried a bunch also but was never successful. Most likely related to the IT Policy flowed down by big brother but I can't figure out how to comfirm that. Is there a way to download or read the IT Policy to see what's restricted and what's not?

Chris
__________________
http://home.stny.rr.com/ctatar/images/att_logo2.gif
7780/BES/4.0/4.0
PIN: 202A9CDA
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #58 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto Canada
Model: Q10
OS: 10.2.1.21
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 439
Post Thanks: 12
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

No, did not change any options settings on home screen. You might also want to check Browser Push on the options settings on home screen. I suspect, as you suggest, that it might be the corporate BES security settings.
One of your other options would be to try PocketDay. I have never had any difficulty connecting with weather or stocks on that program. I believe that there is a thirty day free trial, and the purchase price after that is only $20.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:56 AM   #59 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 7250
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Thank you for all the work... update to bblight?

Hi,

I am a new BB user but have been lingering on the boards for some time. Using a 7250 on Verizon with BES through link2exchange and couldn't be happier. However, I was wondering if there was any variant of the current bblight build that allows you to turn on the backlight with user activity only during certain hours. The reason I ask it quite honestly during the day I rarely need a backlight and the batteries on the 7250 drain FAST! If I could have automatic backlight control at night (when you couldn't see the screen without one) it would be great and would be ideal. Moreover, it might be nice to kick it into the extra-bright mode after 30 seconds of use to make long emailing more enjoyable.

Thanks!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:22 AM   #60 (permalink)
tys
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
tys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Model: 7780
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfraser
No, did not change any options settings on home screen. You might also want to check Browser Push on the options settings on home screen. I suspect, as you suggest, that it might be the corporate BES security settings.
One of your other options would be to try PocketDay. I have never had any difficulty connecting with weather or stocks on that program. I believe that there is a thirty day free trial, and the purchase price after that is only $20.
Jim, Thanks. Yes, I'm trying PocketDay also. Mark is helping me out in trying to get my weather/stocks to work. They aren't working after the first try but I will continue working it...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/6944-download-bblight-bbweather-bbtoday-bbreply-binaries-gpl-source-code-included.html
Posted By For Type Date
Deutsches Blackberry Forum This thread Refback 12-10-2006 08:23 AM





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.