Feature Request list:
• Option to allow your AIM user to be logged in multiple places (might not be added due to AIM limitation)
• Change away/idle settings to the following:
Set idle in x minutes
Set away in x minutes
Set idle and away when in holster (exists)
• If you are in a chat window and a message comes in for another buddy, It should beep (see notification section). The popup should probably not occur as it prevents typing and does not queue. Consider information in the title bar (see suggestion in notification section below).
• On the top of the buddy list screen and each chat window, have an indicator that states total number of buddies that have unread messages. The idea is so you can see how many other people have sent you IM’s.
• Put the buddies that have messages waiting on the top of the online list. Put a counter in each group header that states # of buddies that have unread messages. Sort the rest of the buddies somehow (alphabetically)
• Allow the user to press the first letter of a buddyname and jump to their name.
• Option to notify user upon login of a "tagged" buddy. Notify as per new IM message settings (i.e. popup, title bar, sound..) User in buddylist should be annotated that they are set for alert on signon.
• For each, in and out of holster settings. Recommend to use the existing profile BB system:
Buddy login/logout settings
Foreground chat window new message settings
Background chat window new message settings
Option on what to do on new message (dropdown selection of the following):
Popup selection all the time
Popup selection not when in any chat window,
All the time go directly to chat window
Go directly to chat window when not in any other chat window
Do nothing except the notification sounds.
• Option to consider active, foreground buddy window “background” after x minutes (this allows beeping if the chat has been idle for x minutes, but in a real-time chat, no constant beeping)
• If title bar status (# of waiting buddies) is employed, consider that the need to popup a notice on new message when in another chat window is not necessary. Possibly add the first few characters of the buddy that sent the new message (excluding msgs to the one you are actively chatting with) in the title bar. Flash title bar on arrival??
• Flash led whenever messages are waiting option.
• Maybe a “repeat” notification setting. In the Ramble settings – something along the lines “As long as messages are waiting, trigger the background notification once every x (user setting) minutes”.
• Extend the above to having a popup notification every x minutes that a message is waiting. Users could for example: enable sounds, disable the immediate popup and fallback to some popup reminder/sound if I missed the auditable/vibrate.
• Publish your 2 .mid files are ringtones so users can select a very short beep and blip for notifications out of the standard profile/ringtone list. I personally like a quick blip, but miss it often, but that would be fixed by the above recommendation of repeat notification.
• Keep the mute option – maybe make a note in the header window of all windows (chat/buddy) that you are muted)