BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/)
-   -   New to BB. Ticketing system, need BES? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/87108-new-bb-ticketing-system-need-bes.html)

M374llic4 07-22-2007 11:31 AM

New to BB. Ticketing system, need BES?
 
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions. I was up till 4 am trying to research, but theres alot of stuff to read, and its all new to me.

First off, how necessary is BES if you have T-Mobile full internet access? We can setup to check our email with out it can we not? If so, whats the major benefit of it?

Our company just got a few Blackberrys. Perhaps I should explain what we would like to do. Our IT department would like to implement a ticketing system for in house and external trouble calls. We would like users to be able to go to a website, login, fill out a trouble ticket, and have that ticket go in to a queue based on selected importance, or group importance (service level contract) and be emailed or displayed on the assigned technicians blackberry. We can then view, edit, complete, change assigned user from the blackberry.

Is it possible to get internet access through my laptop LAN? I live in an area with very very low signal on my street, and want to connect to my pc and use my cable connection.

Thanks in advance for anyone who actually reads all of that. Another thanks to anyone who has a suggestion or any help :)

Dan

darkhorse 07-22-2007 12:09 PM

Well, wouldn't you just use your laptop to access the ticketing system when you are not mobile?

We use a product called SupportSuite (kayako.com) to do all of our ticketing and it has a regular browser interface as well as one that is BlackBerry accessible.

I would think something like that would be more beneficial than trying to connect your BB to the laptop and use it's internet (which i am not sure if it can even be done... doubtful)

M374llic4 07-22-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkhorse (Post 609060)
Well, wouldn't you just use your laptop to access the ticketing system when you are not mobile?

We use a product called SupportSuite (kayako.com) to do all of our ticketing and it has a regular browser interface as well as one that is BlackBerry accessible.

I would think something like that would be more beneficial than trying to connect your BB to the laptop and use it's internet (which i am not sure if it can even be done... doubtful)

Yes, the users will use a PC to create the tickets and then submit them, and then are viewed on the technicians BB.

The reasons I want to use my LAN connection for my BB is because I have no signal at my house, and want to be able to test things out and such from home. Have yet to find a way though.

darkhorse 07-22-2007 12:30 PM

Oh well for testing then I guess it could be applicable. However as i mentioned before, I do not think it is possible. You may try downloading the blackberry simulator tools from RIM and use that to test on your laptop.

And when I was referring to the ticketing system, I meant the technicians can also access from both web browser and BB/WAP browser as well

M374llic4 07-22-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkhorse (Post 609082)
Oh well for testing then I guess it could be applicable. However as i mentioned before, I do not think it is possible. You may try downloading the blackberry simulator tools from RIM and use that to test on your laptop.

And when I was referring to the ticketing system, I meant the technicians can also access from both web browser and BB/WAP browser as well

I appreciate the info on the ticketing system, it is exactly what I was looking for. It seems to work well, except for on the pda side, will not stay logged in, keeps giving inactivity error, but other then that, looks good : )

darkhorse 07-22-2007 09:28 PM

Make sure you have cookies enabled on your phone...

plchan 07-23-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M374llic4 (Post 609069)
Yes, the users will use a PC to create the tickets and then submit them, and then are viewed on the technicians BB.

The reasons I want to use my LAN connection for my BB is because I have no signal at my house, and want to be able to test things out and such from home. Have yet to find a way though.

May be you should get a wifi version of BB?

however, I am not sure if the pushmail would work on the WIFI BB or it must have the signal in order the mail to be pushed?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.