BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 05:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
mok7100's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: Tour
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question midi ringotnes on BB 7520

Please Login to Remove!

So the BB 7520 can supposedly play .midi ringtone, but when I take a .midi file and email it to the 7520, it does not show up as an attachment. I wonder if the 7520 can only "download" ringtones from a WAP page?

Anyone done midi ringtones successfully?

-Marc
__________________
MOK

"Give me a #5 XB and I can fly you to the moon"
Offline  
Old 05-24-2005, 05:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

dude no need to post in more than one forum I did a quick search and found 24 threads on ringtones and 7520
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.12 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): ringtones, 7520
Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Forum
BB 7520 (Nextel) and midi ringtones
mok7100 Today 06:08 AM
by mok7100 0 4 General BlackBerry Discussion
midi ringotnes on BB 7520
mok7100 Today 06:05 AM
by mok7100 0 8 Aftermarket Software
SMS on Verizon 7250..and your opinion
bb4lfe 05-21-2005 06:34 AM
by Dusty Saddle 9 145 General BlackBerry Discussion
Volume question
tech266 05-14-2005 06:32 AM
by tech266 0 100 General BlackBerry Discussion
Help [about getting IM and ringtones]
ranger06 05-11-2005 07:37 PM
by tpblackberry 38 850 General BlackBerry Discussion
My first ringtones
Phalck 05-08-2005 04:41 PM
by RxistKJ 10 1,015 General 7100 Series Discussion
HTML from Nextel????? [Rumor: April 1st for Nextel HTML Web Browser] ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page )
samri 05-05-2005 06:02 PM
by Dawg 136 6,305 Rumor Mill
ringtones from pc to 7520
cohiba smoker 04-23-2005 08:33 AM
by Dawg 3 286 General BlackBerry Discussion
7520 Questions
johnnywalker 04-20-2005 02:35 PM
by GatorLCA 39 2,424 General BlackBerry Discussion
7520 and ringtones
StarLog 04-20-2005 02:24 PM
by GatorLCA 3 289 General BlackBerry Discussion
FS: Mint Condition Modded 7520: w. Lots of Accessories and Bluetooth Headset
chris5h 04-05-2005 12:43 AM
by chris5h 0 206 Buy Sell Trade
Found Great 7520 Ringtones
trishy44 04-04-2005 10:56 PM
by trishy44 0 270 General BlackBerry Discussion
Something to share with all my fellow BB'ers [Ringtones]
chris5h 04-03-2005 07:39 PM
by pcnetgeek 31 2,165 RIM Software
Request for advice b4 purchasing 7100t
supercrackberry 04-03-2005 02:04 PM
by GTNTP 6 306 General 7100 Series Discussion
Nextel 7520 apps/games
bb_tech 03-30-2005 08:20 AM
by BBFreak 37 3,012 Aftermarket Software
Disapointed with Blackberry 7520 (compare to 7100t)
Vycor 03-26-2005 08:10 AM
by Mark Rejhon 5 807 General BlackBerry Discussion
Nextel BB7520 Direct Connect Question.......
cldennis 03-23-2005 03:19 PM
by Stu_Bee 8 311 General BlackBerry Discussion
Blackberry Ringtones -Rap & R/B!!
idencustom 03-22-2005 03:35 AM
by jwasnick 20 2,324 Aftermarket Software
HTML from nextel???!!!
samri 03-21-2005 03:42 PM
by chuy 16 547 General BlackBerry Discussion
Ringtones on a 7520
mikegold 03-05-2005 02:00 AM
by chuy 8 882 General BlackBerry Discussion
ANY POLY RINGTONES FOR THE 7520?
packg 02-28-2005 09:59 PM
by packg 3 489 General BlackBerry Discussion
Blackberry 7520 ?'s
Dfen 02-23-2005 05:55 PM
by Mark Rejhon 1 304 General BlackBerry Discussion
So Much to learn
matthewk24 01-25-2005 03:35 PM
by cayzac 4 144 General BlackBerry Discussion
Ring tones for 7520
bruceweinstein 01-25-2005 09:36 AM
by 7pants 5 547 General BlackBerry Discussion
Offline  
Old 05-24-2005, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 8830
Carrier: Telus
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok7100
So the BB 7520 can supposedly play .midi ringtone, but when I take a .midi file and email it to the 7520, it does not show up as an attachment. I wonder if the 7520 can only "download" ringtones from a WAP page?

Anyone done midi ringtones successfully?

-Marc

For ringtones, you will have to download it from a wap site using your BB browser. For pictures, you can send yourself the picture, then open and save the attachment.
__________________
PIN: 20519916
Offline  
Old 05-25-2005, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontocell
For ringtones, you will have to download it from a wap site using your BB browser. For pictures, you can send yourself the picture, then open and save the attachment.
That's sort of true. You can't e-mail it to yourself as an attachment. But if you e-mail yourself a link to the ringtone on a website, then you can click on the link and get any web-based ringtones that way. It doesn't have to be a WAP site, that I'm aware of. Unless it depends on which BB you have.
Offline  
Old 05-25-2005, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
mok7100's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: Tour
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead
That's sort of true. You can't e-mail it to yourself as an attachment. But if you e-mail yourself a link to the ringtone on a website, then you can click on the link and get any web-based ringtones that way. It doesn't have to be a WAP site, that I'm aware of. Unless it depends on which BB you have.

Thanks- I'll try it on a non-Wap site and see if it works.

-Marc
__________________
MOK

"Give me a #5 XB and I can fly you to the moon"
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Model: 8703E
Carrier: Alltel
Posts: 36
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Get off the Search First and offer Help !!!

Anyone notice - ask a question and some "Know it all says " Ahem " Do a search" and the person is left with out a answer.. Some even post like below..
So I took the time and checked out all the wonderful information listed.. Yep, not a damn thing worth looking at.. Most are about other phones, the 7100's but us with a 7250 well we are SOL- and why bother posting a question, you'll only be told to do a search..

Hint for people.. They would NOT ask the same question over and over, if someone would offer a "Real answer" But then again, that would take a person with the "real Answer" and you aint going to find it here ??

Now that I have surfed for over a stinking hour, trying to find a site with LOUDER rings for a Blackberry 7250 and came up empty.. I guess I will just have to deal with it.. (Just like people asking and same questions over and over- Deal with it your self, you are wasting you time trying to get any kind of help here.. Unless you got a 71xx series.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
dude no need to post in more than one forum I did a quick search and found 24 threads on ringtones and 7520
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.12 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): ringtones, 7520
Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Forum
BB 7520 (Nextel) and midi ringtones
mok7100 Today 06:08 AM
by mok7100 0 4 General BlackBerry Discussion
midi ringotnes on BB 7520
mok7100 Today 06:05 AM
by mok7100 0 8 Aftermarket Software
SMS on Verizon 7250..and your opinion
bb4lfe 05-21-2005 06:34 AM
by Dusty Saddle 9 145 General BlackBerry Discussion
Volume question
tech266 05-14-2005 06:32 AM
by tech266 0 100 General BlackBerry Discussion
Help [about getting IM and ringtones]
ranger06 05-11-2005 07:37 PM
by tpblackberry 38 850 General BlackBerry Discussion
My first ringtones
Phalck 05-08-2005 04:41 PM
by RxistKJ 10 1,015 General 7100 Series Discussion
HTML from Nextel????? [Rumor: April 1st for Nextel HTML Web Browser] ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page )
samri 05-05-2005 06:02 PM
by Dawg 136 6,305 Rumor Mill
ringtones from pc to 7520
cohiba smoker 04-23-2005 08:33 AM
by Dawg 3 286 General BlackBerry Discussion
7520 Questions
johnnywalker 04-20-2005 02:35 PM
by GatorLCA 39 2,424 General BlackBerry Discussion
7520 and ringtones
StarLog 04-20-2005 02:24 PM
by GatorLCA 3 289 General BlackBerry Discussion
FS: Mint Condition Modded 7520: w. Lots of Accessories and Bluetooth Headset
chris5h 04-05-2005 12:43 AM
by chris5h 0 206 Buy Sell Trade
Found Great 7520 Ringtones
trishy44 04-04-2005 10:56 PM
by trishy44 0 270 General BlackBerry Discussion
Something to share with all my fellow BB'ers [Ringtones]
chris5h 04-03-2005 07:39 PM
by pcnetgeek 31 2,165 RIM Software
Request for advice b4 purchasing 7100t
supercrackberry 04-03-2005 02:04 PM
by GTNTP 6 306 General 7100 Series Discussion
Nextel 7520 apps/games
bb_tech 03-30-2005 08:20 AM
by BBFreak 37 3,012 Aftermarket Software
Disapointed with Blackberry 7520 (compare to 7100t)
Vycor 03-26-2005 08:10 AM
by Mark Rejhon 5 807 General BlackBerry Discussion
Nextel BB7520 Direct Connect Question.......
cldennis 03-23-2005 03:19 PM
by Stu_Bee 8 311 General BlackBerry Discussion
Blackberry Ringtones -Rap & R/B!!
idencustom 03-22-2005 03:35 AM
by jwasnick 20 2,324 Aftermarket Software
HTML from nextel???!!!
samri 03-21-2005 03:42 PM
by chuy 16 547 General BlackBerry Discussion
Ringtones on a 7520
mikegold 03-05-2005 02:00 AM
by chuy 8 882 General BlackBerry Discussion
ANY POLY RINGTONES FOR THE 7520?
packg 02-28-2005 09:59 PM
by packg 3 489 General BlackBerry Discussion
Blackberry 7520 ?'s
Dfen 02-23-2005 05:55 PM
by Mark Rejhon 1 304 General BlackBerry Discussion
So Much to learn
matthewk24 01-25-2005 03:35 PM
by cayzac 4 144 General BlackBerry Discussion
Ring tones for 7520
bruceweinstein 01-25-2005 09:36 AM
by 7pants 5 547 General BlackBerry Discussion
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,769
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 439 Times in 379 Posts
Default

Sorry if we offended you. Ringtones and themes questions - repeatedly - are asked so frequently, that some of us feel that perhaps reading the FAQs or doing a search may actually SAVE YOU TIME when trying to do something with your BB.

Please forgive us.
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Model: 8703E
Carrier: Alltel
Posts: 36
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Not a problem.. I'm just surprize no one else has spoke up.. I've had my Alltel 7250 for about 3 weeks now, and I discovered this wonderful place. It has been my on-line tutor and saved lots and lots of time.. I have picked up a lot of stuff.. But the ringtone issue is still a bad taste.. I have not figured out a solution and I have spent a lot of time searching, here and outside the forum walls.. The 7250 Blackberry is for someone who uses vibrate, becuase the ringers set at max, are "quote "Quiet as a Mouse" maybe it's to save battery power, maybe the speaker can't be cranked.. don't know.. But If someone can come up with a answer.. there are a lot of people, that would be jumping up and down thanking the ground you stand on..



Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Sorry if we offended you. Ringtones and themes questions - repeatedly - are asked so frequently, that some of us feel that perhaps reading the FAQs or doing a search may actually SAVE YOU TIME when trying to do something with your BB.

Please forgive us.
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,769
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 439 Times in 379 Posts
Default

I think the reason a lot of people haven't jumped on it is they are tired of even looking at a thread with the words "ringtone" or "theme" in them...
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So you mean to tell me you read EVERY post in all of those threads and didnt find a single thing on rintones. Well if you infact read every post then I apologize. If Not then maybe you should I found all sorts of information on ringtones in alot of those post yes you have to weed through alot of garbage as we all did but you will find the answer. I guarantee this question is asked at least twice a week everyweek since I joined.

The ringtones are quiet because its a business device and no one in the corporate world wants a blarring phone.
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 08:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Soapm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Mile Hi City
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 2,790
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Dawg, I have also noticed that most of the info on ringtones are frieldly to 71xx BB but there is very little advice on 72xx or other series.

Ps. I am in the corp world and need a bit more volume for when I'm at the house. You are correct I don't need it blarring at the job but I also don't like having to carry it around at the house. How about an adjustable ringtone?

Last edited by Soapm : 07-24-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Offline  
Old 07-25-2005, 06:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

no such thing as adjustable ringtones. The reason so much on the 7100 is because thats what most people have bought because its more like a phone. The 72XX and The 75XX are email devices I know I can hear mine from the other side of the house so they arent that quiet.
Offline  
Old 07-25-2005, 11:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Soapm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Mile Hi City
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 2,790
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Not to pick your response apart but you can hear your what from the other side of the house? 71xx or 72xx/75xx? Also, how large is the house?
Offline  
Old 07-25-2005, 08:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Snakeplisken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 7250
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have been following all of the threads about ringtones. All I have been finding are dead links that don't work with my 7290. With all due respect to Dawg I am a moderator for another forum so I definately know how to do a search.
Offline  
Old 07-25-2005, 09:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
DavidE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 420
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeplisken
I have been following all of the threads about ringtones. All I have been finding are dead links that don't work with my 7290.
Here are two links that work with my 7290 (I just tried them):

http://www.8ung.at/bsnet/index_ringtones.html
http://www.free-ringtones.uk.com/nok...es-midi-B.html

With both sites, I used my desktop browser to search for ringtones I might be interested in. Then I placed the cursor over the ringtone link, looked in the lower left-hand corner of the desktop browser to see the URL, typed the URL into the Blackberry browser, downloaded the ringtone to the Blackberry browser, and saved the ringtone.

I've had better luck saving ringtones using the Blackberry browser, as opposed to the T-Zones browser. With the T-Zones browser, I can download the ringtones but I can't save them -- don't know why.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

Last edited by DavidE : 07-25-2005 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph
Offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 06:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

my home is 2600 square feet I use a 7520 like is posted in my signature my office is on one side of the house and my bedroom is on the other i hear it just fine its not blarring by any means but I can hear it I use a couple of rintones I got from mobile.blackberry.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
Not to pick your response apart but you can hear your what from the other side of the house? 71xx or 72xx/75xx? Also, how large is the house?
Offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Soapm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Mile Hi City
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 2,790
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
my home is 2600 square feet I use a 7520 like is posted in my signature my office is on one side of the house and my bedroom is on the other i hear it just fine its not blarring by any means but I can hear it I use a couple of rintones I got from mobile.blackberry.com
<doing my Chris Rock imitation> How bout kids, do you have any loud mouth can't get along with each other kids? How about pets (no goldfish), do you have a dog that barks to be heard over the loud mouth kids? How about a wife, you got a wife that cranks up the TV so she can hear it over the loud mouth kids and the barking dogs? Then you don't know the need for a blarring ringer.

Yo AC work on your car, I use the po man AC, I got a window that is either half up or half down depending on the weather. When it's hot as hell it only goes half down and when it rains it only goes half up. Either way it's loud as hell going 63 on the interstate. Good thing is my radio don't work or i'd be mad as hell if I couldn't hear my music over that loud a$$ window.</doing my Chris Rock imitation>

Serious note, I could still hear my Timeport pager when it went off!
Offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 59
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If there are so many requests that you are all getting so tired of seeing - why don't you make a separate area for ring tones and themes. Then all those pesky people will go there and leave all you superusers here to ignore each other.
Offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 03:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmac49
If there are so many requests that you are all getting so tired of seeing - why don't you make a separate area for ring tones and themes. Then all those pesky people will go there and leave all you superusers here to ignore each other.
Well here is a search of ringtones judge for yourself how many times its talked about and these are individual threads not posts.


Showing results 1 to 25 of 282

Soap I have three kids 7 9 14 three cats and 16 fish and one jack russell terrier one wife 4 tvs (all going at the same time)

I drive a 1986 ford bronco II with a two windows down 65 miles and hour type air conditioner. When in my car I use a my blue tooth headset so I can hear it ring that way.
Offline  
Old 08-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 7520
Posts: 25
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I realize that your argument about the volume of ringtones happened a couple of weeks ago, but I just found this forum. I have had by BB7520 (Nextel) for about 4 months & have missed more calls & pages than I can count. While you might say that the BB is a PDA/email device rather than a phone, it IS my phone. When it's set to ring & buzz, it buzzes first & that's actually louder than the ring, if it's on a hard surface. For pages it only does 3 cycles of buzz/sound & then sits there with its little red light blinking. If I'm in another room I don't have a chance of hearing it - BTW my house is 2200 sq ft.- unless it's 3 AM and totally quiet. There isn't even a choice of ring/tone type for DC! As for the statement that this is a device for the corporate world - that's a copout. We corporate types don't always sit at our desks in quite solitude. Sometimes we drive cars, enter noisy airports, conference rooms, etc. Also, the vibrate option does no good unless you are wearing the phone. This is sexist as many women's clothing choices don't have an easy way to clip the phone on. This is also the 1st phone I have ever owned that did not have a place to attach a wrist strap/lanyard. I may be a clutz, but a wrist strap saved my last phone from many an untimely death. OK, I'm finished venting. If anyone has any real solutions to any of these issues, I'm listening.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.