REXwireless ToDoMatrix Professional, Optimized for GTD and Franklin Covey is Released
We are happy to announce that version 2007.09.01.4x of ToDoMatrix for BlackBerry smartphones, which is our GTD and Franklin Covey optimized version, is now available for download.
Here is the upgrade procedure: REXwireless: BlackBerry Software Support Center - FAQ - Upgrades
This is our most substantial upgrade since we introduce REXdesktop web access. As such, we created our first ever white paper that outlines our recommendations for "how to best use" ToDoMatrix, instead of simply "how it works" documentation. We strongly recommend reading the BlackBerry Task Management Best Practices briefing, which discusses implementing the best of GTD and the best of Franklin Covey in the same task management system: http://www.rexwireless.com/bestpract...ractices1f.pdf
As always, our release notes summary is available - this one contains 56 bullets so please take a look (we don't want to clutter the post here with such a long list): REXwireless Software - Recent Releases - Notes
In order to keep it short, here is a baker's dozen of highlights regarding ToDoMatrix 2007.09.01.4x:
(1) Changed the underlying three dimensional ToDoMatrix model (project, time, and delegate) to a seven dimensional model (dimensions 4 - 7 are user configurable). Here is a little more on that topic, already on BlackBerry Forums: User Opinions on Todomatrix and / or Ideamatrix by Rexwireless?
(2) Pre-configured dimension 4 as "context" for GTD use and pre-configured dimensions 5 and 6 as "quadrant" and "role" for Franklin Covey use (but the user can change these to any other purposes if desired (for example, attorneys can use these fields for tracking client, matter numbers, construction professionals can use them to track job tickets, etc).
(3) Implemented Regenerating Tasks with or without Relative Alerts.
(4) Added support for International and European date schemes.
(5) Added Multi-Variable Filtering subsystem.
(6) Added Quick Review Wizard subsystem.
(7) Redesigned REXdesktop to accomodate the seven dimension model, filtering, and international date support.
(8) Doubled the capacity of the to-do / task note and folder names to improve direct task injection from BlackBerry e-mail, phonelog, browser, etc. Also added more injection options to the BlackBerry e-mail injection dialog to allow greater precision of what a person wants to inject into ToDoMatrix. If you are not familiar with the injection capabilities, here is a write up on that topic, already on BlackBerry Forums: todoMatrix & ideaMatrix: New SI-1 Releases Available
(9) Enhanced folder and drawers to support hiding, additional icon color selections (folders only).
(10) Redesigned the Counts logic - counts now offer open tasks and all, per folder. Counts are now supported for delegates and views.
(11) Added copy folder to a new folder, copy task. This allows a user to easily create re-usable templates in a Template drawer if they have similiar projects.
(12) Added template task capability by folder.
(13) Global alert window now includes "Delay all Alerts" functionality.
One last thought - simplicity is still possible! We configured this release to allow greater user configuration (see Profile / Preferences on the main menu) so that people that want to start out simply or stay the same as they have been can in fact do so. We envision ToDoMatrix as a system a person can grow into over time.
As always, we offer free trials. We will be updating our website docs and video demo soon.
Have fun, --the REXguys--
REXwireless Software develops personal productivity, knowledge sharing, and corporate marketing software for BlackBerry smartphones. Free software trials and video demos are available at REXwireless: BlackBerry Software Applications
REXwireless Software is an official BlackBerry Alliances Partner.
+++ REXwireless Software Products in Brief: ToDoMatrix
ToDoMatrix is a world-class to-do / task management / project management application. ToDoMatrix can manage an unlimited number of personal and delegated tasks, organized by project drawers and folder, cross indexed by time and assigned delegate. ToDoMatrix is a favorite of professionals that subscribe to the "Getting Things Done (GTD)" methodologies of David Allen (see davidco.com) and/or the methods pioneered by Stephen Covey / Franklin Covey (see franklincovey.com). IdeaMatrix
ideaMatrix is an unlimited, free-form idea and notes management database and features REXwireless's quick free-form Indy*Search. ideaMatrix is a highly-flexible application and is used in many different ways. In addition to the ideaMatrix's primary mission of instant-recall "Post-it Notes" and ideas on your BlackBerry, top ten uses from a recent sampling of users included:
1) Customer Relationship Management Information [Sales Professionals]
2) Personal Journal / Accomplishment Log
3) Student Note Taking in Class [Classroom Education]
4) Comprehensive Conversations Log
5) Medical Reference Information for Doctors [Medical Industry]
6) Investment Opportunity and Note Tracker [Investment Professionals]
7) Time log / logging [for Lawyers / Legal Industry (and billable consultants)]
8) Fitness / Workout Diary
9) Diet / Food Intake Tracker
10) Light Reader for Book and Magazine Article Summaries REXdesktop
REXdesktop is a web-based browser system that enables secure access to your REXwireless BlackBerry-resident databases and wireless synchronization using a broadband-connected Windows PC, Apple Mac, or Linux desktop. REXwireless Teamwork Software
REXwireless offer ReferenceMatrix (one-to-many) and KnowledgeMatrix (many-to-many) products for workgroup knowledge sharing on BlackBerry smartphones.
+++ Important Notice:
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images, and symbols are the exclusive properties of and trademarks or registered trademarks of Research In Motion Limited - used by permission. IBM, Lotus Notes, and Domino are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation. Microsoft Outlook and Exchange are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Novell Groupwise is a trademark of Novell Inc. Post-it is a trademark of 3M Corporation. Getting Things Done and GTD are trademarks of David Allen & Co. Franklin Covey is a trademark of Franklin Covey Co.