PDA

View Full Version : Changing the housing on the 8300

lbsevydiva
10-16-2007, 04:34 AM
i just bought an att 8300 but i found a gold housing on ebay that i like much more....

how hard is it to change the housing?

do i just take the back door off, pop out the bottom where the logo is, and unscrew the screws using the special tool..... does the front just "pop" off or do i have to do other work?

i changed the housing on a Motorola Rokr before and i ruined the phone i had to take the screen off and do other stuff, is the blackberry 8300 like that or just a couple of simple screws and thats about it?

please let me know

Thank You

ezrunner
10-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I haven't taken one apart yet! Probably similar to the 8700 or 88xx check the BBFaq for instructions and photos

steveheslin
10-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Youtube video to take apart the 8300. I have taken the screen off for dust issues. Bought the torque driver at the hardware store and used a screw driver to pop off the faceplate. But be careful it scratches easy.
YouTube - Blackberry Curve 8300 Screen Removal & Take Apart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiIl19G74C0)

J
10-17-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm beyond frightened to take apart my curve, I don't know how you folks manage!

sordomudo11
10-25-2007, 06:02 PM
I did it b/c I wanted the AT&T silver faceplate instead of the boring (IMO) dull gray one that T-Mobile's comes with. Got the plate off eBay from Hong Kong and did it yesterday following the YouTube video and using the proper tools. It was tough to get the plate off and I was afraid I'd break it, but I did it. Took some serious work and patience, though. Looks sweet now--just wish I had a replacement for the little gray T-Mobile plate at the bottom.