PDA

View Full Version : Pearl w/red blinking LED won't charge??

divabeadz
10-16-2007, 06:58 PM
A couple of days ago I plugged my phone in to charge, all was well (or so I thought). After it charged overnight, I unplugged it, turned it off and set it on the table since I didnt plan to use it yesterday. Today I noticed the red blinking LED. I attempted to turn it on but nothing happened. I plugged it in to charge and it won't charge. I took the battery out and have been attempting to recharge it ever since. The red led won't stop blinking regardless of whether the phone is plugged in or not and it won't turn on and won't charge. Do you think I need to buy a new battery or do you think it's something else?

david9962000
10-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Are you using an OEM charger?I have seen this happen with Moto RAZR charger.

divabeadz
10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
I use the Blackberry charger that came with the phone (purchased new from Tmo)

ezrunner
10-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

How old is phone?

Any physical or liquid damage?

I have seen this on an 8800 that had water exposure!

Take back off remove battery there shoul be a white square or circle tab if it is pink or red it was been exposed to moisture! Let it dry following step in BBFaq! And cross your fingers

divabeadz
10-16-2007, 08:24 PM
It's 7 months old, no physical or liquid damage. I rarely use it actually -- it sits on a shelf unused 6 out of 7 days a week b/c I live in the boonies with no cell service whatsoever. Service kicks in about 18 miles south so I only use the phone if I head south to do some shopping or if I'm travelling.

ezrunner
10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Contact service provider! If no physical or liquid damage do a warranty claim

divabeadz
10-16-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm no longer with Tmo though. Do you think I can still contact them since that's where I bought it or can I contact RIM directly?

jawbrkr
10-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Sux, same thing happened to me and couldnt find a way to resolve the problem no matter what i did. I tried to wipe the handheld and all but still came up empty. I ended up calling T-Mo and they sent me a new pearl. My phone had no damage whatsoever. It was sitting on my desk and all of a sudden it went off and upon restart couldnt restart. I kept getting the red led and the hourglass.

ezrunner
10-16-2007, 09:52 PM

If you are no longer with TMO probably gonna have to talk directly with RiM! I would at least give TMO a call

divabeadz
10-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Thank you everyone. I will call tmo tomorrow and then if need be, contact RIM.

divabeadz
10-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm getting the feeling I might be SOL. I called Tmobile -- yes the phone is under warranty but as I am not a Tmo customer anymore they can't help me. They tell me to call my current service provider. My current service provider doesn't support BB's so they told me to call the manufacturer. I called RIM but they don't support end users, you must call your service provider. Back to square one. I'm not sure what else I can do.

Edited to add:
I emailed RIM support so I will keep my fingers crossed that they'll know how to assist me.

divabeadz
10-18-2007, 08:57 PM
response from RIM was to contact my service provider despite the fact that my service provider said they cannot assist as they do not support BB/RIM products. Nice. Not sure what else to do at this point.