PDA

View Full Version : 8700c wont turn on

newbbguy
10-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, I recently bought a used 8700c from ebay, but didn't realize until after i bid that it wont turn on. I have not recieved it yet, but when i do, im going to try and reflash the os onto it, and see if that works, and try changing the battery. after that, though, i'm lost.(this is my first bb) Anyone have ideas about what might make a bb not turn on, even when plugged in?

ezrunner
10-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Water or physical damage could just be a bad LCD screen

newbbguy
10-16-2007, 09:43 PM
he said in the auction that there wasn't any water damage, but i'll see when i get it here and look at the indicator thing. if it was a bad lcd, would the little red led not turn on, either?

tsac
10-17-2007, 06:00 AM
he said in the auction that there wasn't any water damage, but i'll see when i get it here and look at the indicator thing. if it was a bad lcd, would the little red led not turn on, either?

Dont forget to check to see if the charger is working. Sounds like something too simple but a lot of people dont check. the battery may be dead. Another area to look at if the mini usb connector. It may be damaged and you may be able to fix that.

gooluck

newbbguy
10-17-2007, 08:26 AM
okay. can i use one of those 12v current testers to see if the wall plug works?

newbbguy
10-18-2007, 09:50 PM
ok, so my 8700c finally came in the mail, and i followed the instructions through the command prompt, and when i got the app loader wizard open, and hit connect to my bb, it told me i need a password... i just bought this phone off of ebay, he never said anything about a pass. anyone know of a way around this?