PDA

View Full Version : Browser Help (T-Mo)

Garrett777
10-17-2007, 12:47 AM
"Unable to vonnect to the Internet, please try again later.

If the problem persists please contact your service provider."

Well the problem persisted and my service provider diddnt do anything. Stopped getting E-mails like 2 weeks ago and now i realize no matter where i am i get this popup when trying to use browser...

Any advice would be great,

Thanks so much!

-Garrett

John Clark
10-17-2007, 01:01 AM
"Service Provider didn't do anything?" and "stopped getting emails two weeks ago?"

I'm not sure I believe all that but....

Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan? Do you have EDGE at the top or edge or "Data Connection Refused?"

Nerd
10-17-2007, 01:20 AM
My girlfriend had the same problem -- no bb messenger, browser, or jivetalk... after lots of time over the phone troubleshooting, they sent her a new phone, and it started happening again today. Then when she called back and they checked her history (that they exhausted troubleshooting and replaced the phone) they said, oh yeah, by the way, there is a network problem for Pearls only, and she should wait it out. In fact, they offered to give her extra minutes for the month so that she could call people instead of messaging them (yes, that was actually a suggestion they made). They even speculated that the problem may be caused by the extra network traffic caused by extra demand for the new colored Pearls they released last month (yes, they actually said that may be the case).

I'm amazed because usually T-mobile is more transparent than this -- they usually come clean with any problem the network is having and bend over backwards to make it right... not this time. Very frustrating.

Nerd
10-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Update: They're now saying that "there is a local tower down and they have started a service ticket to resolve the matter".

Garrett, would you happen to be in the Queens, NY area?

Garrett777
10-17-2007, 01:22 PM
No but its funny you say that...

Last night after 5 min of bs talk w/customer service (By bs talk i mean "Hows the weather in Illinois?" ect.) she ended up telling me "there is an outage for the next 4 hours in your area"... I neglected to tell this woman this had been happening for 2 weeks (I told the t-mo woman, not the BB woman she forwarded me to)... So i hate to say it (due to my allegiance to T-mo) but i think that is sort of a "stock excuse" of sorts... If you were on the phone with her you would understand... I could tell by her manner that she was finding nothing out.

Thanks for the help though!!! Means a lot!

"Service Provider didn't do anything?" and "stopped getting emails two weeks ago?"

I'm not sure I believe all that but....

Do you honestly think i made that up???:-(

Also, could it be the fact i dont have the new update installed on my BB??? Im not sure how to get it on with a mac...

Nerd
10-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Another update.. my gf called again and got transferred to a higher level "engineer", who proceeded to send "something" to her phone that got it working again for about 5 hours... now its back to the same.

I've seen a few posts about this from different locations in the U.S. -- I think a fuss should be made over this. It's obviously isolated to Pearls, and T-Mobile is obviously being careless about it. How could NOBODY at T-Mobile be able to troubleshoot and resolve this?

Just to reiterate, this Pearl was purchased on September 21st, and the "brand new replacement" was sent out a week ago. Both had .107 operating systems. I don't think it's an upgrade issue.

JSanders
10-17-2007, 11:37 PM
who proceeded to send "something" to her phone that got it working again for about 5 hours... now its back to the same.

vey likely the service books, which ANYone can do themselves.
How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_resend_my_service_books%3F)

Always pull the battery while powered on, and reboot after doing so.

Nerd
10-18-2007, 09:08 AM
vey likely the service books, which ANYone can do themselves.
How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_resend_my_service_books%3F)

Always pull the battery while powered on, and reboot after doing so.

It wasn't just service books.. we've done that already. I believe he pulled her off and then back onto the network and re-registered the phone, then obviously sent the service books. But none of this worked and the point being that they are giving her the run around and this issue is still not fixed after 2 weeks.

JSanders
10-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I'd be thinking about an OS reinstall, from a clean device... after two weeks? She should be all over TMo for answers.

Nerd
10-18-2007, 09:37 AM
I'd be thinking about an OS reinstall, from a clean device... after two weeks? She should be all over TMo for answers.

Last update (as of this morning) the issue has been sent to the "engineering group" and a diagnosis may take anywhere from 2 hours to 10 days. It seems like they are as baffled as I am. I considered the OS re-install before they agreed to send a replacement phone, then held off -- since it didn't seem logical to me to need a re-install of the same OS on a brand new device. And now that it's happened on 2 devices in a row, I'm hesitant to waste my time on that. Do you still suggest it? If so I'll give it a shot tonight.

JSanders
10-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Was the same SIM card used in both devices?

Just thinking...

I had an issue a couple of years ago, on TMo, in my office I could not get a decent signal at time. And I sit less than 50 yards from the rear of a TMo Corporate Retail store, with their own repeater tower on the rear of their building. I am looking at it. Anywho, I had an older SIM (actually a voicestream branded SIM) and they replaced it and I never had an issue again.

Not the same deal as yours, but could be... and replacing a SIM takes all of 5 minutes at a TMo store.

Nerd
10-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Was the same SIM card used in both devices?

Just thinking...

I had an issue a couple of years ago, on TMo, in my office I could not get a decent signal at time. And I sit less than 50 yards from the rear of a TMo Corporate Retail store, with their own repeater tower on the rear of their building. I am looking at it. Anywho, I had an older SIM (actually a voicestream branded SIM) and they replaced it and I never had an issue again.

Not the same deal as yours, but could be... and replacing a SIM takes all of 5 minutes at a TMo store.

Actually, I just mentioned this, and they actually did suggest this before getting off the phone with her and are sending a new SIM over. Hopefully that is it... the SIM is over 4 years old.

Garrett777
10-21-2007, 01:22 PM
I cant remember excatly what i tried to do, but i believe i attempted to click a link somewhere on my phone and it wasnt 'typical' browser activation, a popup came up that said something like 'this function(service?) has been disabled' , i freaked out and it went away.... i have been trying to get it back ever since...