PDA

View Full Version : 8100 Pearl Hour Glass won't boot

Kerryc
10-17-2007, 04:49 AM
Rebooted the blackberry, had the sim/memory and battery out for 30mins, its booted up no red light, and now stuck on the hour glass and won't move past it. Is there a secret key which will force it pass this screen to load?
Any ideas appart from sending back to Service Provider?

dankarlinski
10-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Wirelessly posted (8100 pearl: Mozilla/4.8 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U) BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Try and plug it into the computer then insert the battery. If the computer reads a device, its fixable. Let's start with that for your problem solving

John Clark
10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
It may finally come up. Give it an hour or two. Some have said after a few hours it comes up. However, most likely you'll need to reload the OS. These FAQ's should help:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F)

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe)

kuromatsuca
11-21-2007, 04:02 PM
I have the spinning hour glass. I did NOT drop the pearl or get it wet. The phone is only 2 months old.

The only thing I did was to change the theme from att to Today. I charged overnight and it worked fine then the red light was blinking and the spinning hourglass. I read the quote below and I needed some clarification.

[QUOTE=John Clark;707272]It may finally come up. Give it an hour or two. Some have said after a few hours it comes up. However, most likely you'll need to reload the OS. These FAQ's should help:

What is meant give it an hour or 2. Does that mean leave the battery out for an hour or two or plug into computer? I had the battery out for about a half hour and when I pluged it into the computer and it showed the battery was missing. I put the battery in then the red light was on then the spinning hour glass. So I unplugged it from the computer and removed the battery again. I'll let it sit longer with out the battery before conecting it to the computer.

Anyother ideas to help get my pearl back?

lindab71
01-21-2008, 12:54 PM
I am having the same problem....spinning hourglass. Started 24 hours ago. I have taken the battery out, put it back in, even left it out over night, no luck. I have tried the download desktop manager, first I can't backup anything. Upload manager stops at second task saying something about unable to import due to mutiple something or another. Tried the JL commander several times with no luck.... I am so frustrated! I called att b/c I have only had the phone a few months, they are going to charge me 250 for another phone! Is my phone toast???

aiharkness
01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I am having the same problem....spinning hourglass. Started 24 hours ago. I have taken the battery out, put it back in, even left it out over night, no luck. I have tried the download desktop manager, first I can't backup anything. Upload manager stops at second task saying something about unable to import due to mutiple something or another. Tried the JL commander several times with no luck.... I am so frustrated! I called att b/c I have only had the phone a few months, they are going to charge me 250 for another phone! Is my phone toast???

Did you try http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe?

John Clark
01-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Linda,
Welcome to the forums.

You will not be able to backup anything. Your data is lost. That's why they say to backup your device often.

Follow the instructions found here:

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe)

You'll need Desktop Manager installed AND the OS installation package both installed to your computer.

BlackBerry Operating System Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads)

lindab71
01-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Thank you for such a quick response. I did try the link above regarding what to do next if Jl cmder will not connect and wipe....no luck. Right now I have unistalled desktop manager 4.2 and downloading the newer version... should that help? I have had the spinning hourglass now for over 24 hours. It was working fine yesterday morning, had it charging on my desk, then looked to see if I had any missed calls and I get this. I have been trying to get att or blackberry to send me a replacement piece on the back of my phone. My cover was loose since I got it and could not figure out why... they were asking me if the phone had been dropped or there were any missing pieces. No, the phone had not been dropped and didn't notice any missing pieces. After numerous calls, I was looking on the internet at my phone and noticed there was a silver piece that goes inbetween the two gold pieces on the back of the phone right below the cover. Since this piece has been missing they said they would charge me 250 for another phone. They are saying that it is physical damage.... but it was not on my part and they don't believe me I guess.. So the rep at blackberry said they don't sell those individual parts but told me to look for a third party supplier. Any suggestions? she said they should replace my phone as it is under 1 year warranty, but att won't. I desperately need my phone.....

lindab71
01-21-2008, 01:28 PM
btw, it is recognizing my phone when i plug it into the usb cord, so that means it is repairable?

Thatzmister2u
01-21-2008, 01:33 PM
btw, it is recognizing my phone when i plug it into the usb cord, so that means it is repairable?

Most likely it is. Just follow the instructions provided above! :) And for the battery cover try Cellphone Repair Service Center Cell Phone Repair Shop Cellular Phone Repair Service Shop (http://www.cellulardr.com) you should be able to find one fairly cheap!

E-

lindab71
01-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Error screen on desktop manager:

Unable to complete the loading operation.

Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.

I have tried this at least 10 times and keep getting the above message.... I am beyond frustrated.....:x

John Clark
01-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Do you have anything else plugged into any USB ports on your computer? If so, try unplugging them (and plugging the BB into a different port) and try it again.

Also, make sure you have Desktop manager 4.2 SP2 or higher installed.

lindab71
01-21-2008, 03:58 PM
ok...i am trying another port, nothing else plugged in, but i do have 2 usb ports.....doing it now.
thanks!

lindab71
01-21-2008, 04:21 PM
okay...tried another usb port, still same... while on jl-cmder, I go through the steps to wipe, as soon as I type "blackberry" it quickly flashes to a red screen saying connecting and quickly flashes back to the start screen... I assume it is not suppose to do that? Also, I never receive the 507 error on my phone, simply a picture of a battery with a line through it. Am I not getting this, or is my phone fried?

John Clark
01-21-2008, 04:39 PM
This is what the Blackberry.com website says about that error:

BlackBerry Search Results (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04269&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=86882099&stateId=1%200%2086876414)

SAINT72
06-12-2008, 03:27 PM
:cry:
Hour glass spinning constantly...........
I tried to download a theme to my 8700 though the browser, i use the OTA download. and after download is finished i have an hour glass spinning constantly. i rmoved battery, SIM card, used the JL_CMDER all , options but my BB is not connecting to my PC anymore as it keeps restarting and showing the spinning hour glass all the time.
Please tell me what to do, I'm going creazy....:cry:

Thatzmister2u
06-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Hour glass spinning constantly...........
I tried to download a theme to my 8700 though the browser, i use the OTA download. and after download is finished i have an hour glass spinning constantly. i rmoved battery, SIM card, used the JL_CMDER all , options but my BB is not connecting to my PC anymore as it keeps restarting and showing the spinning hour glass all the time.
Please tell me what to do, I'm going creazy....:cry:

Try this and hang in there! :)

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe)

John Clark
06-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I hope you had a backup because your data is gone. :-(