PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to export BB contacts to Outlook?

flightattorney
10-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Before anyone accuses me of not using the search function, let me assure you I did so, to the limit of my not-so-great ability to understand what you guys said. But, I just a unable to find the answer. Here's the problem: we imported my ACT! db into the BB, where I refined it, and added a lot more. Now, I want the BB db exported into the Office Outlook db for my and my assistant's use. Is this possible? It must be, it just must. Irony and sarcasm are always appreciated, if worthy, but, hey I'm just a pilot. Thanks for the help.

ezrunner
10-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Before anyone accuses me of not using the search function, let me assure you I did so, to the limit of my not-so-great ability to understand what you guys said. But, I just a unable to find the answer. Here's the problem: we imported my ACT! db into the BB, where I refined it, and added a lot more. Now, I want the BB db exported into the Office Outlook db for my and my assistant's use. Is this possible? It must be, it just must. Irony and sarcasm are always appreciated, if worthy, but, hey I'm just a pilot. Thanks for the help.

I know in general you can synchronize from your BB to Outlook but having come from ACT! I am not sure

Dubdub
10-17-2007, 10:54 PM
An easy way to go from ACT to Outlook is to use a product by Companion Link, called DoubleLook: DoubleLook 2.0 -- synchronization Outlook with ACT!, GoldMine, Lotus Notes, and Palm Desktop in real-time. (http://www.companionlink.com/products/doublelook.html) This is what I use.

You could always load Desktop Manager and sync to Outlook that way, but I don't think all the data will come over, since Outlook doesn't use all the info that ACT has for each contact.

There is also a program HHC, that will sync ACT and the BB, but from what I have heard, it is expensive.

JSanders
10-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Your BB will sync seamlessly with MS Outlook. If you have odd fields populated in your BlackBerry, make sure they all map correctly to Outlook, and all should be well.

Use Desktop Manager to set up the sync with Outlook, post back here if you have questions!