PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone having trouble with email and Internet in Mexico?

mzamora
10-18-2007, 08:56 AM
I don't received emails and when I try to send emails, it return me the message status: Falied to contact service. And when I try to navigate displays Unable to connect to the selected Movil data Service, please try again later. Before this problem It was working fine.

I have BES and I am the administrator of this.

All the BB's of my company have the same problem. Im thinking that is a problem with my carrier (telcel) but I'm not sure.

I think my BES is not the problem because it can contact perfectly the blackberry router, the sql database and all the services are started.

What can I do?

timmer
10-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey - I used my BB 8700c (AT&T) in Mexico with no problems at all. i use pop for my my two accounts - one work and yahoo. I didn't use the phone, but email and surfing (including google map and a BT gps worked very well). I was in the Yucatan (all over) - and some parts got no service (in the jungle).

BTW - will I be charged extra for the data downloads? Or will it be covered under my "unlimited" contract with AT&T? I guess I will see when I get the bill!

Cheers
Tim

mzamora
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi, I already confirm with my carrier Telcel and yes, there is a problem in the data network from yesterday morning. It's a national problem. :-(