PDA

View Full Version : Macro?

mj_stev
10-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Good afternoon,

Is there a way to automate call forwarding and unfarwarding on my 8800? I use the convenience key for activating voice dialing so I don't want to change that.

Ideally, when I turn the BB on in the morning, the phone would unforward itself automatically. That sort of thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

penguin3107
10-19-2007, 03:33 PM
No, can't be done.

rdj
10-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (8830 (SPCS): BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

You could set up address book entries to forward and cancel forwarding, then assign these to two speed dial slots. To forward, store the sequence "*72phnum" (where "phnum" is the forwarding destination) and "*720" to cancel forwarding. It wouldn't happen automatically, but at least you would have single-key convenience.

OTOH, perhaps there is an app somewhere that could auto-dial on a schedule. If not, it should be possible to write such an app. There might be a slight complication getting past the "ok to let app dial phone" confirmation dialog, but there may yet be a way...

-^-rdj-^-

penguin3107
10-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Wirelessly posted (8830 (SPCS): BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

You could set up address book entries to forward and cancel forwarding, then assign these to two speed dial slots. To forward, store the sequence "*72phnum" (where "phnum" is the forwarding destination) and "*720" to cancel forwarding. It wouldn't happen automatically, but at least you would have single-key convenience.

OTOH, perhaps there is an app somewhere that could auto-dial on a schedule. If not, it should be possible to write such an app. There might be a slight complication getting past the "ok to let app dial phone" confirmation dialog, but there may yet be a way...

-^-rdj-^-

I believe the *72 and *73 forwarding assignments are only for CDMA carriers.
They probably won't work for the OP who is on Rogers which is a GSM carrier.