PDA

View Full Version : BES Question

jimmymac_nyc
10-21-2007, 09:16 PM
I've been an avid Blackberry user for a while now and recently upgraded to the 8830. I love it, probably the best phone I've ever had.

My question is, I've always used BIS, but I recently started working at a new job and got onto their BES. So actually I have two questions.

Do I still need to keep my Blackberry plan with my provider or does BES cover that?

Two, should I worry about my personal mail being on there? Can my company see my mail or what sites I am visiting on my blackberry?

Remember the phone is mine so IT did nothing to it at all they just gave me a login for the enterprise registration.

I just really know nothing about BES so I was hoping you good people could enlighten me.

Thanks.

juwaack68
10-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Yes, you need the data plan - that is not covered by your company's BES server.

Not sure if you should 'worry', per se, but you should ask them if their IT Policy limits what you can do with your BIS email. They have the ability to force ALL outgoing mail (from a BB) to go from your work account (you may not be able to send AS your personal account anymore).

As for what they CAN see, assume they can see what you're doing (although, in my experince as a BES Admin, I could care less - I have too many other things to worry about....but again, assume they can).

takeshi
10-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Remember the phone is mine so IT did nothing to it at all they just gave me a login for the enterprise registration.

It doesn't really matter who paid for the BB. Once it's on their BES it's on their BES and I'd second juwaack68's advice.