PDA

View Full Version : Any future plans for Youtube on our blackberrys?

Lightingbird
10-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Its not a big deal but I've seen some iphone users with it and that helio phone. It looks cool and I'm sure theres just someone out there right now working on some application that will allow us to view them. Unless of course, our phones just are not designed for it.

Anyone have any information?

jeremyckitching
10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I can probably see this being available in the future some time, hopefully sooner than later. But I don't have any information on when.

Perfect Storm
10-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Existing devices are not designed for it. Maybe down the road some future device will support flash video, only time will tell

ManiacDan
10-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Apparently Opera is working on a mobile version of flash for future versions of Opera Mini. The current flash that you and I are used to is apparently too resource intensive for a standard handheld. The ones the OP mentioned are running custom flash apps, or are accessing the video sources directly.

Anyway, opera mini 4 is still in beta, maybe we'll get flash in the next version.

-Dan

psyct1
10-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Its not a big deal but I've seen some iphone users with it and that helio phone. It looks cool and I'm sure theres just someone out there right now working on some application that will allow us to view them. Unless of course, our phones just are not designed for it.

Anyone have any information?

there are a few alternatives in the mean time...

check out these two site
TinyTube: Mobile Video - Welcome! (http://tinytube.net) click on "Low" for video quality and it usually works
and
video search (http://blueapple.mobi) you have to view the videos in parts (you'll see what I'm talking about when you get there)

BurningBerry
10-29-2007, 03:27 AM
sure, iphones looks cool, but you can work smarter with a bb :oops:

buggle_96
10-29-2007, 10:14 AM
The blueapple does not seem to work on the 8700 series bb's, i receive a 3gpp is not supported error.