PDA

View Full Version : IRDB or PRL for Nextel/Sprint 7510

StanTheMan
10-23-2007, 06:50 AM
I have a user with a 7510 (using BIS) on Nextel/Sprint. Over the last few months she has experienced periods where her email just stops flowing and then picks up again. She has no data connection when this happens. We've tried all the standard methods, i.e., re-registering on the network, reloading software, sending service packs, etc. It will be fine for literally weeks, and then crop up again.

My question is, does Nextel/Sprint have something like the IRDB for AT&T or the PRL for Verizon? I know that *22899 will get your PRL updated for Verizon and a call to an AT&T CS rep will get your IRDB updated. I've poked around the forums and the web and can't find an answer.

I'm thinking of this type of update because I recently had a friend with an 8800 on AT&T with a similar problem and did a little research and found the IRDB update solution for her, which has resolved her problem.

Just thought I'd ask here before calling Nextel/Sprint and trying to explain this to one of the support people.

NJBlackBerry
10-23-2007, 07:19 AM
*228 (PRL update) is for CDMA networks only.
Nextel devices, like the 7510, are on the iDen network. There is no equivalent action.

StanTheMan
10-23-2007, 07:51 AM
*228 (PRL update) is for CDMA networks only.
Nextel devices, like the 7510, are on the iDen network. There is no equivalent action.

Thanks for the info - just so I'm clear on this, there is no manual update for Nextel/Sprint tower locations -it's always done automatically?