PDA

View Full Version : Holster/Phone Problems

Warthog01
10-23-2007, 07:03 AM
I haven't been able to find anything similar by searching the forum, so perhaps it's just me and someone can straighten me out. Nine times out of ten, when I get a phone call, the process of hauling the B'Berry out of the holster cuts off my call. I don't know whether it's to do with the magnet or just the fact that it's difficult to extract the handset without inadvertently shutting off the call. Is there a way to set up the handset so it's not so sensitive and I don't lose all my calls while trying to "quick draw" the handset?:?

Thanks

ezrunner
10-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I think it is the method in which you are removing your BB! My only suggestion would be to try another case

JSanders
10-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Warthog, I am betting you keep your BB in the holster facing out -- away from the clip. Try placing it in the holster facing "in", towards the clip. See if you lose as many calls.

good luck.

Warthog01
10-23-2007, 08:41 AM
JSanders

You're right--that's the way I normally carry it (for no apparent reason, I might add). I'll try it facing in as you suggest--fingers crossed.

Thanks

JSanders
10-23-2007, 08:47 AM
You probably won't find it in writing anywhere that facing "in" is more correct than facing "out", but over time here on the board I have noticed a number of users ask questions about errant calls and keys being pushed in the holster. 99% of the time, when they face the BB inward, those issues cease. (Besides, to me, facing inward, when I pull it from my left hip with my left hand, the BB is in my palm facing me, no flipping the BB over!).

Warthog01
10-25-2007, 06:01 AM
JSanders

Hi

Just a quick follow up--your advice is right on--two days later and I haven't missed a call--this is probably something BB should tell people about in the original user's guide!!

BTW, it doesn't seem to work if I invert the BB (so it comes straight out ready to talk)!

Thanks again

Rolo1971
10-25-2007, 06:13 AM
I am guilty of inserting my BB outward just as Jsand mentioned. But i have to say that I don't miss calls this way.
Is there a proper way of carrying it? I assumed, not sure why, that the BB should be placed facing out. I guess I worried about scracthing the screen or messing up the track ball. But you encounter this problem, if any, either way you face the BB.
Comments???

Rolo