PDA

View Full Version : OWA through ISA 2006

rouxster
10-23-2007, 12:27 PM
I have an issue that RIM said they cannot help me on. We have an Exchange 2003 server that uses ISA 2006 in front of it for Outlook Web Access. We do not use a BES server at all. I am trying to setup my e-mail and I think that I am getting blocked by our ISA server. I spoke to 4 techs at RIM and finnaly the last one said that he cannot help me because ISA is blocking the traffic to Exchange. His solution was to take out our ISA server - I politely laughed :shock: ! What we are doing is not an unusual setup at all - in fact, it is recommended my MS. I am looking to see if anyone has had anyexperience creating a firewall rule in ISA 2006 for this setup. Thanks.

Thatzmister2u
10-23-2007, 12:46 PM
I have an issue that RIM said they cannot help me on. We have an Exchange 2003 server that uses ISA 2006 in front of it for Outlook Web Access. We do not use a BES server at all. I am trying to setup my e-mail and I think that I am getting blocked by our ISA server. I spoke to 4 techs at RIM and finnaly the last one said that he cannot help me because ISA is blocking the traffic to Exchange. His solution was to take out our ISA server - I politely laughed :shock: ! What we are doing is not an unusual setup at all - in fact, it is recommended my MS. I am looking to see if anyone has had anyexperience creating a firewall rule in ISA 2006 for this setup. Thanks.

I hit the same thing.... our organiztion put the OWA servers behind a reverse proxy server and I am out of luck, begged RIM, begged our security counsel to reconsider. Until RIM can solution it I am out of luck.

rouxster
10-23-2007, 12:52 PM
What solution are you using now? I can't justify paying $1000's fro 2 or 3 users to access their Exchange data.

CanuckBB
10-23-2007, 01:06 PM
What solution are you using now? I can't justify paying $1000's fro 2 or 3 users to access their Exchange data.

BES Express is free. Just add user CALs.

Or you can use POP or IMAP.

Thatzmister2u
10-23-2007, 01:11 PM
I am stuck with the redirector on my desktop. It's horrible but at least I can get my mail. I am sure RIM suggested it but have you considered forwarding the email to their BIS account? I think if your system will allow it you can change the address that it appears as being send from whatever email address that you are forwarding.

E-

Thatzmister2u
10-23-2007, 01:12 PM
BES Express is free. Just add user CALs.

Or you can use POP or IMAP.

Works great if your organization supports POP or IMAP.....

rouxster
10-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Having the mail is nice, but Exchange also has calendar, contact, task and public folder data I would like syncronized also.