PDA

View Full Version : 8830 reply/send problem

sgmidf
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm sure that this is my fault somehow, but when I reply to an email on my 8830, there's no "send" option. I can save it as a draft, but can't post it. If I compose an email denovo, it's there. This is a new 8830, and my previous one didn't have this problem, so I'm sure it's a setting somewhere. Any help, as I can't figure it out.
Thanks in advance.

John Clark
10-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Are you on BES or BIS?

You need the service books pushed to the device. If it's BIS then go to your BIS site and make sure the correct PIN/IMEI is listed there and send the service books.

If on BES, contact your IT department.

sgmidf
10-23-2007, 02:12 PM
My IT dept reactivated it on their BES server. Still no send. I guess I'm going to have to wipe it and start from scratch?

notechlawyer
10-26-2007, 07:29 PM
I am as non-techy as it gets so please bear with me. I downloaded the new software update and since the update I am completely unable to REPLY to messages like the guy above.
I have BES.
I can send new messages. Forward messages. Hit reply and enter text in the reply email, but when it comes time to SEND the reply message, the only option I am given is to SAVE AS DRAFT. No SEND option. Please help, I am dying out here. My inhouse IT folks are NOT helpful at all, they don't understand how to fix.
And what does a "wipe" require like the guy above mentioned?

jayson1219
12-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Has anyone figured this out yet? I am having the same problem. Does a wipe fix it?

vothweirdon
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
I replied on here somewhere.

Your IT department has to remove you from BES and re-add you back in. Then you will need to re-activate. It was the only way I could get the ones I upgraded to work.

I had previously tried the service book, battery pull, etc. The only way I could get them to have the send was the remove, wait about 10 minutes then add them back in and Re-activate.

jsconyers
12-12-2007, 09:56 AM

Your IT department has to remove you from BES and re-add you back in. Then you will need to re-activate. It was the only way I could get the ones I upgraded to work.

I had previously tried the service book, battery pull, etc. The only way I could get them to have the send was the remove, wait about 10 minutes then add them back in and Re-activate.

Exactly what vothweirdon said (y). You dont have to wait 10 minutes though, however it won't hurt. Also you may want to wipe the device prior to reactivating (it isn't necassary) otherwise you will not be able to delete any emails prior to the activation. Also, if you backup the device, do not restore that copy of the backup as you will have the same issue. good luck

vothweirdon
12-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I usually wait a bit. If your on a mult-DC AD environment it updates the user information. Just found that if I wait a few for replication then it works with no issues.

But this would be a big issue if I updated all my phones and then had to re-activate them all. Why I only updated mine and one other to test the latest release.

fusky
12-12-2007, 02:30 PM

Agreed as well. I had a user a few days with the same issue. Only way to resolve was remove and readd to BES.

jayson1219
12-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Deleted and re-added to BES. Problem solved. Thanks.