PDA

View Full Version : Mass deletion of all calendar items

rsnadel
10-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Forgive this question...especially if it's been asked and answered. I searched BBFAQ.Com and could not find it.

I just manually changed my email address in BIS to the new att.blackberry.net address. Following the next synch with my PC, I now find that I have duplicates of every single calendar entry. Is there a way to avoid going through 1400 calendar items and deleting every matching item? Can I wipe the calendar completely and simply reload off MS Outlook? My Synch prefs are to always transfer all scheduled items. I notice that the address book did not create duplicates, by the way.

I'm using an 8300, by the way. Thanks.

John Clark
10-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Yes. Use the Backup/Restore Advanced feature in Desktop Manager to clear the calendar database (right side pane.)

rsnadel
10-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks. I followed your advice, and did successfully clear all 1496 items, but for some reason when I did the next synch it put them all back...including the duplicates again. The problem is that I'm not seeing duplicates on MS Outlook, and in fact if I go to the individual day view, there's only one of every entry. I don't see a second calendar on my Outlook desktop. Very strange. I'm not sure how many items have changed since my last backup last week...which is the reason I'm reluctant to restore from that.

UPDATE: I went back to my last backup...which fortunately turned out to be from yesterday...and was able to restore to the condition it is supposed to be in. John- thanks for pointing me to the Advanced feature of Backup/Restore...that's what I needed.

scott_see
11-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Yes. Use the Backup/Restore Advanced feature in Desktop Manager to clear the calendar database (right side pane.)

John,

When I clear the device calendar, it gets rid of the duplicates, but leaves one set of calendar info. It doesn't wipe out the calendar completely. Is there any other way to wipe out the calendar?

Thanks,

zerog46
11-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Make sure when you wipe the calendar you wipe all calendars, then remove the usb and pull the battery, then re-sync, not restore because that will just put eveything back on.

How to Clear/Delete all your Address/Calendar items at once - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_Clear/Delete_all_your_Address/Calendar_items_at_once)