PDA

View Full Version : PIN problem!! Any help would be appreciated!

kikic
10-24-2007, 01:34 PM
I am unable to receive PIN messages from ONE particular BB user. We've used this function for months and a few weeks ago it quit working. I can send this person PIN messages and they receive them, but I'm not receiving any of the ones they are sending me. I can send to and receive PINs to everyone else (through different Mobile providers including the one this person uses). I've contacted my provider and they've checked everything on my side and say everything is fine. This person can send and receive from everyone, and when they send something to me it shows on their end it's been delivered....but it hasn't.

About the time this problem started, this person was having problems with their phone and has turned it in to their company several times for repair. Yesterday they were issued a brand new device and even with the new device and PIN we are experience the same problem. Why would I not be able to receive PINs just from one person??? (we even tried completely deleting each other's contact information and re-entering it, and that didn't work either). Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

penguin3107
10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
See 1.5 here:
BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BES_Users_FAQ)

My guess is that one of you is on a BES with a peer-to-peer encryption key set up.

greggebhardt
10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I am betting the same and BES is preventing the PIN message.

kikic
10-24-2007, 02:40 PM
So it's possible one of the times they turned in their device for repair to the administrator this setting was changed. So all they should have to do is contact the administrator again and have the encryption removed, is that correct?

I'm not on a BES, but they work for the government and they are so it would have to be on their side and as I mentioned the problem began when they were having problems and had to turn it back in several times.

penguin3107
10-24-2007, 03:48 PM
So all they should have to do is contact the administrator again and have the encryption removed, is that correct?

Easier said than done. ;-)
This is a government organization. I'm sure they have tight security in place. The p-2-p encryption key, if put in place, is there for a reason. This organization probably does not want their users communicating via PIN or BB Messenger with outside parties.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on this one.