PDA

View Full Version : 7780 now just shows hour glass

gregquinn
06-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Hi;
I removed the battery, and then replaced it in my 7780 (after powering down the device), and now all I get is the hour glass (it's been there for hours).

I did a site search and found a useful thread at:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=7942&highlight=hour+glass
but the url mentioned in the thread regarding reinstalling the OS is a bad link

Any suggestions about getting this spud back up?
Thanks

rsun
06-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Not sure if it's possible if the BlackBerry is always in "booting", disconnect the BlackBerry, start up the Desktop Manager (assuming you have the firmware already installed for the 7780 in your Desktop Manager), double click on the App Loader, then plug in the BlackBerry to the computer and see if you can continue to flash the BlackBerry.

gregquinn
06-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Not sure if it's possible if the BlackBerry is always in "booting", disconnect the BlackBerry, start up the Desktop Manager (assuming you have the firmware already installed for the 7780 in your Desktop Manager), double click on the App Loader, then plug in the BlackBerry to the computer and see if you can continue to flash the BlackBerry.

Thanks Richard, I played around a while with this with no luck. I eventually cleared the memory using javaloader, and went a ways through reinstalling the OS, but at the point where it needed to reboot, I got the dreaded "JVM error 105". I tried a couple of times but I figure that there was a hardware problem in the unit. Cingular amazingly had a service where they replace with a refurbished identical Blackberry unit in 24 hours for something like $15 - I'm not sure where the catch is in that, but I'm sure that I'm going to find out.

Thanks
Greg