PDA

View Full Version : how to edit email before replying

Ebon
10-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know how to do this on a Pearl?
All I can do it press reply and type additional text.

Thanks

Perfect Storm
10-24-2007, 08:54 PM
That's your only option. When you send the email the quoted text is actually not part of the message your device sends but it grabbed on the BIS/BES server. For this reason, as well as the fact that there should be no need to modify what someone else has said. You can delete the original text by selecting that item from the menu, or you can manually copy and paste a message.

Ebon
10-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Thank you again.

I'm seeing a lot of talk about new os updates from carriers like TM and others.
I'm in Australia and use the Optus network. Am I able to upgrade my Pearl with some of these updates? or is it just for those phones that are linked to those carriers?

TroyDBrown
10-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Copy and Paste works the best. I hate that you can't delete the headers. I have never needed to change what someone has said but I do want to send a clean copy. Especially when an assistant sends you a draft that you want to send it out as a final copy.

Ebon
10-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes! Thats what I'm talking about.

ubizmo
01-13-2008, 01:44 PM
That's your only option. When you send the email the quoted text is actually not part of the message your device sends but it grabbed on the BIS/BES server. For this reason, as well as the fact that there should be no need to modify what someone else has said. You can delete the original text by selecting that item from the menu, or you can manually copy and paste a message.

In the context of a listserv discussion, for example, it's considered a basic courtesy to edit out the irrelevant portions of an email to which you are responding. This courtesy is impossible on the BB. Some lists actually forbid top-posting, which the BB effectively forces upon the user. And if I manually copy and paste, I must also manually add the '>', which is the sort of thing computers are really much better at.

I've never seen any other mail client, anywhere, with this weird limitation.

LogicMail, which is still in development, does it right. Perhaps some other aftermarket email software will also handle this.