PDA

View Full Version : I can't get my BB to show up as device

tdubya
10-25-2007, 07:47 PM
When I plug my BB into my laptop, it doesn't show up as a device. I have the BB device manager installed, is there something else I'm not doing?

John Clark
10-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Did you install Desktop Manager?

FYI, the 7290 will not show up as a device in My Computer. Only BB's with a media card will show up like that. The 7290 will only work with Desktop Manager.

tdubya
10-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Did you install Desktop Manager?

FYI, the 7290 will not show up as a device in My Computer. Only BB's with a media card will show up like that. The 7290 will only work with Desktop Manager.

OK, thanks, I didn't know that, I did install desktop manager, I guess I'll have to fool around with it some more to get it to work. I'd like to put some pictures on if of my grandchildren.

Thanks John

cgarrabr
10-26-2007, 10:24 AM
OK, thanks, I didn't know that, I did install desktop manager, I guess I'll have to fool around with it some more to get it to work. I'd like to put some pictures on if of my grandchildren.

Thanks John

You may have to go (depending on the version of DM) to Options, Connections Settings and do a Detect for DM to see your BB.

Also, I believe with the 7290 you'll have to e-mail yourself the photos you want on your BB, and save them from the e-mail. At least that's how I remember doing it from my 7290 days.