PDA

View Full Version : Changed email account password w/out thinking

kylen36
10-26-2007, 06:11 PM
I changed the password to one of my email accounts on my pc today without realizing that it would affect incoming emails on my bb (8830 WE). I received the following message late in the day...

"This email account is no longer accessible by your Blackberry device. This issue is likely caused by a recent change to the password used to access this account. To resume receiving email from this address, login to your Blackberry Internet Service account and verify the password is correct for this email account."

After attempting to update my password via the BB Setup Wizard (Email Setup) with no luck, I got back on my pc and changed the password back to the original, hoping this would solve the problem...no luck. Definitely not receiving email sent to this account anymore.:x

The fact that I'm sleep severely deprived today isn't helping matters. How exactly do I "login to my Blackberry Internet Service account"? I'm thinking I really screwed something up on this particular email account by changing the password and then changing it back.:?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

kylen36
10-26-2007, 06:16 PM
I should add that it appears I can send email...just not receive.

juwaack68
10-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Use this link to get to your BIS login site:

Where can I log into my BIS account? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F)

If you can send, but not receive, I would try the 'resend service books' function after you log in.

jeremyckitching
10-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Have you tried deleting the account from the BIS web site and setting it back up from scratch.

kylen36
10-27-2007, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the responses. I logged into the BIS and reset the password. I appreciate the help.(y)

kylen36
10-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Okay...I formally retract my last post. I am still not receiving emails. I logged into the BIS and updated the password that I changed on my laptop yesterday. Not long after, a couple emails that I received last night came through on the bb.

I decided to send a test email to my bb just to make sure and...nothing.

So, I logged back into the BIS, deleted the email account entirely and then added it again with a new password. I received the message on the device saying "Congratulations...you should start receiving emails on your Blackberry in 20 minutes." After a few more test emails still nothing. Its been a couple hours now.

The password is definitely synched up when I check this email account through the setup wizard on the device.

When you setup a new email account, you can use either the set up wizard on the device OR log into the BIS on a pc, correct?

JSanders
10-27-2007, 11:08 AM
ok, your BB "may" still have the old Service Book, not sure that matters... but on your BB:
Options > Advanced > Service Books. Look for the @<hidden> email address that is in question. Highlight over it, and click menu to delete it.

Pull the Battery while powered ON to reboot the BB.

You may also need to go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > highlight over ANY line and click menu to REGISTER NOW.

And, one more time, you may need to pull the battery to reboot, for the service book to be installed.

Good luck.

kylen36
10-27-2007, 12:10 PM
ok, your BB "may" still have the old Service Book, not sure that matters... but on your BB:
Options > Advanced > Service Books. Look for the @<hidden> email address that is in question. Highlight over it, and click menu to delete it.

Pull the Battery while powered ON to reboot the BB.

You may also need to go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > highlight over ANY line and click menu to REGISTER NOW.

And, one more time, you may need to pull the battery to reboot, for the service book to be installed.

Good luck.

I'll give this a shot...thanks for taking the time.