PDA

View Full Version : flow of email stops....

theduskes
10-27-2007, 02:25 PM
I noticed that about once a day (can be anytime during the day)
My BIS flow of email and my ability to use IM+ is lost.
The only remedy that I can find is pulling the battery and rebooting the machine.
I thought that this had somethign to do with some of the apps I had installed.
BBtracker (removed already)
Google maps (removed already)
Jivetalk ( removed already)
BBlight ( still there)
IM+ (still there)

I notice a few times that instead of being 1XEV it's something else....but I canno remember what it was.....
Can anyone point me in the right diection of a FAQ...or simply tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Keyscan
10-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Your BB is losing full data+voice temporarily. When this happens, is it typically in a common area/building?

theduskes
10-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Seems to me it happens in either my office building or in my house...
But Voice...is still avail....

x14
10-28-2007, 08:40 PM
I think you are having coverage problem. You need 1XEV to send/receive email and have data.

When you loose 1XEV try using Manage Connections to turn off/on the mobile network to re-establish connection.

theduskes
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
K right now.....It now says 1X instead 1XEV>>>>No emails.....wierd>>>
turned off and then turned on the connection...NO CHANGE>

farmerjoe
10-29-2007, 10:44 AM
I have the same issues with my 8830 - it seems to happen after I am using the GPS... sometimes I don't catch it or a while and when I reboot I get a flood of emails.

There are other threads dedicated to this issue (happens on all 8800's withvarious US and Cdn carriers) - it seems to have been boiled down to a firmware issue.

theduskes
10-29-2007, 03:59 PM
OK./...
Now i know I did not break my BB.....
I added and removed so many things....I figured I broke it....
Good to know it's not only me....not that I want it to happen to anyone...but you know...:)