PDA

View Full Version : 8703e rebooting problems

gbvetracer
10-29-2007, 02:51 AM
Well, this problem has gotten SO bad now, I have to either get a new phone or buy a differnt model. After countless hours on the phone with verizon tech support and getting NO help, I dont know what else to try. Heres what its doing; It randomly reboots itself several times a day, usually while im texting or e-mailing, but not always. The BIG problem is not just that it reboots all the time, but it takes 40 minutes to start back up. Im using about HALF of the file space. Of the approx. 56mb file size, im using about 28mb, so this CANT be reasonabe for it to take this long to reboot! YES, I have a LOT of old messages saved, but this is still crazy. Ok, so heres my question; Do I a) get another 8703, get the newer model bb, or try the Samsung i760? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

BurningBerry
10-29-2007, 03:29 AM
have you updated your bb software?

gbvetracer
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
I didnt load the latest version of the email software since I would have to LOSE ALL old mail...

chill
10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
I found that the only answer to this problem was to let it continue and worsen until it refuses to reset for 5-12 hours, all the while making incessant contact with Verizon, finally refuse to "remove the battery" because that advice does not work, and insist that they replace the device (with one which did the same thing on DAY 1!).

It took me approximately 4 1/2 months to convince Verizon it was the phone and not my imagination or a dropped device.

Good luck.

Dawg
10-29-2007, 04:10 PM
mine has never rebooted by its self one time

bvandrasik
10-30-2007, 10:59 AM
I am having reboot issues, too. Not as severe as original poster, but at least once a day.

mine has never rebooted by its self one time

Are you offering to trade? Telling us we must be imagining the problem? Why did you post this?

Dawg
10-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I am having reboot issues, too. Not as severe as original poster, but at least once a day.

Are you offering to trade? Telling us we must be imagining the problem? Why did you post this?

because I can..

I was just stating a fact that not all 8703e do the reboot thing so it must be something youve either installed or uninstalled.