PDA

View Full Version : How to copy my blackberry address book to my SIM card

brh986
10-29-2007, 11:21 AM
It seems you can easily copy sim card phone book to address book but not vice versa... Can anyone give me detailed instructionso n how to copy the internal address book to the sim card so that when I'm updating my hand set here I can get my contacts?

Thanks.

JSanders
10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Address Book to SIM card can only be done one at time. Not a great option.

If you are moving to another BB, using Desktop Manager > Switch Device Wizard, is a great option.
Or syncing to Outlook on your PC.
Or even DM > Backup.

brh986
10-29-2007, 11:28 AM
How stupid :(

Thanks for the info.

JSanders
10-29-2007, 11:29 AM
How stupid :(

Thanks for the info.

Three very easy and seamless options... appears brilliant and quite accomodating to me!

Shishkabob87
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Three very easy and seamless options... appears brilliant and quite accomodating to me!

Indeed...with the way they have most phones now that can sync with outlook etc... plus if your just using it for the blackberry than there's no real need to have to put the address book on the SIM card...

just my two cents :D

AZBanger
10-29-2007, 01:22 PM
I was just trying to figure out how to do this last night and I would agree that this is a terrible feature.

Not all of us update with blackberry desktop everytime we add a contact and I like to switch between my blackberry and other random phones I have laying round from time to time by just changing out the SIM card.

Booo (n)

JSanders
10-29-2007, 01:26 PM
I was just trying to figure out how to do this last night and I would agree that this is a terrible feature.

Booo (n)

Ok folks, this is not a RIM issue. Your SIM card (from your carrier) does not hold more than ONE name and ONE phone number per record. So if you have multiple phone numbers or email addresses and mailing address for any record, it is NOT going to copy over to your SIM card. In this manner of copying to your SIM card, you are stuck with very little.

RIM, on the other hand, has provided you with three other options to preserve your data. Boo all you want, but it is your personal responsibility to do your own back up or sync.

Likewise, RIM provides a BES solution. The solutions are available--you just have to use them.

AZBanger
10-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Ok folks, this is not a RIM issue. Your SIM card (from your carrier) does not hold more than ONE name and ONE phone number per record. So if you have multiple phone numbers or email addresses and mailing address for any record, it is NOT going to copy over to your SIM card. In this manner of copying to your SIM card, you are stuck with very little.

RIM, on the other hand, has provided you with three other options to preserve your data. Boo all you want, but it is your personal responsibility to do your own back up or sync.

Likewise, RIM provides a BES solution. The solutions are available--you just have to use them.

I understand how SIM cards work and what they can/cannot store. I'm not looking for it to store anything more than the name and number.

With this 8100 phone, you do NOT have the option to copy from phone book to SIM card like you do with Nokia, Motorola, and Palm. This most certainly IS a RIM issue.

The BES solutions are available... but are not easily obtainable all the time like an option in the menu would be. Even if it were one by one I would be happy with that... but it's desktop sync or bust. So BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

RIM FTL.

T.S.
10-29-2007, 04:15 PM
With this 8100 phone, you do NOT have the option to copy from phone book to SIM card like you do with Nokia, Motorola, and Palm. This most certainly IS a RIM issue.

Even if it were one by one I would be happy with that...
You can do it one by one.

Enter your address book, click on a contact, select the phone number, press the key to the left of the trackball, select "Copy to SIM Phone Book".

JSanders
10-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Even if it were one by one I would be happy with that... but it's desktop sync or bust. So BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

RIM FTL.

Second post states your need. http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion/102216-how-copy-my-blackberry-address-book-my-sim-card.html#post720234

I really don't think you would be happy. With whatever solution, if you don't read the answer, you will never know.

So YEAAAAA lol

t.brock
10-29-2007, 05:12 PM
You can do it one by one.

Enter your address book, click on a contact, select the phone number, press the key to the left of the trackball, select "Copy to SIM Phone Book".

that works, thanks.......

wjereb
10-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a SIM card limited to 250 entries anyway?

sgtcasey
10-30-2007, 11:26 AM
edit