PDA

View Full Version : Fido + BlackBerry

bushwolf
06-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I need some advice, thanks in advance...

I want to keep my Fido phone number (I have unlimited calling package, do not want to give it up and its no longer available) and use a Blackberry for Email/ data services.

Telus says they'll open a Blackberry for my Fido Number and allow me to use there Telus data services, seems ok.

Now, Seeing as Rogers and fido have joined forces it seems that that maybe I can number swap to Rogers (septemebr 2005) though I 'll lose my unlimited calling package; basically anything I do with fido or Rogers will cause me to lose my voice package if i want data services. At this point I'm really disenchanted with fido and rogers, though had the same cell # for too long to change.

What is the path of least complication to use a Blackberry for voice and Data and keep my fido number? (without carry 2 phones)

Thanks.

ps. I have read some of the threads and still not sure what direction to take.

finch
06-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Not sure how Telus will keep your no. seeing wireless portability is not available yet in Canada and further its a completely different network technology? Fido to Rogers at this point is more of a consumer brand to them, you can make the move but your still going to loose you no. at this point and Fido plan. Yes Rogers and Fido are one but there still operating separate to so extent.

An option may be to go with your carrier of choice with a voice and data plan, cancel the Fido plan have a no answer/tranfer setup which is $5-$10 a mo. and have the old line forward to the new, at least until folks are aware of the new ph. no.