PDA

View Full Version : BIS Delays/Gmail

whsbuss
10-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Is anyone experiencing delayed email from Gmail? We're seeing up to 5 minutes delays on both gmail and google hosted domains.

Resent service books and deleted/recreated accounts in BIS but it doesn't help.

MrKyoo
10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm not receiving any emails via gmail.

Dawg
10-30-2007, 06:00 PM

me either

whsbuss
10-30-2007, 06:00 PM

Interesting. I shot off an email of an old ticket to RIM I saved asking for them to look into it. Hope they respond.

Last message took 9 minutes to be delivered to the BB and reconcile does not delete them from gmail or hosted accounts. Sent mail from the BB does show up in the Sent folder on google.

Berry One
10-30-2007, 06:15 PM
May have something to do with this: Google rolling out Gmail 2.0…quietly | The Boy Genius Report (http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/10/30/google-rolling-out-gmail-20quietly/)

Call Google and open ticket with them.

rossimo
10-30-2007, 06:36 PM
I've been seeing Gmail delays all day today, of up to 10 minutes. Not acceptable, in my opinion.

whsbuss
10-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Well RIM started doing <confirm> tests to my google hosted account and it seems to be working. Have to wait till I finish uograding to OS 4.2

penguin3107
10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I've been seeing Gmail delays all day today, of up to 10 minutes. Not acceptable, in my opinion.

Not acceptable? You're talking about a free service!
C'mon... it's annoying at most, and experience says it will be resolved quickly.

manpreet
10-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Could this be the reason why I would get all my incoming GMail copied to my Messages folder (the place I normally get SMS)? I don't recall getting my email duplicated there but I am now...I can't figure out how to stop it. If anyone can help me figure out why my Messages also shows a copy of my incomin GMail I'd appreciate your response.

tdawg00
10-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I have been getting delays with yahoo

Steve
10-30-2007, 08:40 PM
I logged into my gmail account, realizing it was 2.0 I checked my settings. It defaulted to IMAP on and turned off my POP.

All they need to do is align this with RIM... first.

Steve

akosnitzky
10-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I didn't realize I have not had a gmail message in the past 24 hrs.

ateganda29
10-31-2007, 01:06 PM
hi guys! i know this thread is for BIS delays/Gmail. but i posted a separate thread regarding delays with yahoo mail. check link here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion/102596-help-issue-yahoo-mail-pushed-8310-a.html

i was just wondering if this is a general delay on push email/BIS and not mail server specific, or worse, just on my phone! hopefully this issue will get fixed soon.

onyx00
11-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Just to chime in, I too have seen delays between my GMail Hosted and Blackberry.

I have a ticket with RIM, but they basically said if the mail arrives in less than 15 minutes, then everything is working fine...

I believe there is a problem somewhere; either at Google or RIM. Not sure which yet though.

JSanders
11-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I haven't noticed any delays here, gmail or BIS.

zerog46
11-03-2007, 01:53 AM
I must be one of the lucky ones because my Yahoo has been instant both ways, when on the computer, I move an email to my read folder and before I pick up my BB it's gone. I can't say to much about gmail don't use it very much.

eltontth
11-03-2007, 12:53 PM
I have my Gmail on BB nearly at the same time when I get it from the Gmail web Login. When I change it from POP3 to IMAP, there'll be a delay of around 5 minutes. I have daleys of around 2-5 minutes with my Yahoo! mail & Hotmail.
When I log into the admin. site of BB (I'm working for a BB service provider in HK), I see that Gmail has a dedicated server with Gmail (so does Yahoo!). So, I think both of them would have better connections than other emails.
I've encountered more than 20-minute delay with other emails.....

unknownvirus
11-03-2007, 03:04 PM
im not getting ANY gmail through bis right now
deleted/re-added the account on bis
any idaes?

akc786
11-03-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm also experiencing delays in receiving emails since morning. Moreover unable to send emails with attachments.
When I send an email with a picture attachement take on my 8300, it just puts a red cross on the left side of the message and when i open it the status shows " unknown error".
Emails with out attachments are going through.

Any ideas why it's like this ?
Is it with me only or you guys also experiencing the same ?

DaBlackberryBoy
11-04-2007, 06:32 PM
For what it is worth....

Yesterday I decided to plunge and switch over to IMAP so in gmail "first" I disabled pop and enabled imap, then logged off my gmail.

"Next" went into BIS (I have TMo) and added my gmail account, then after that applied any filters I needed.

"Then" Waited 20 minutes, but sent myself a test email and received in less than 5 minutes. So sent two emails from my wifes yahoo to my gmail. One email I deleted off my device, and it was deleted in my gmail (on web). The other deleted from my gmail (on web), but changes did not take to delete from my BB. Went to sleep and woke up this morning and found the email gone.

I would venture to say that web to device changes may be synced via a heartbeat or something. I know it should be instant, but something is telling me that that is not the case right now. For the most part, I am pretty satisfied with the pre-Xmas gift from google, "pre-c-ate it"!

Keyscan
11-05-2007, 12:25 PM
For what it is worth....

Yesterday I decided to plunge and switch over to IMAP so in gmail "first" I disabled pop and enabled imap, then logged off my gmail.

"Next" went into BIS (I have TMo) and added my gmail account, then after that applied any filters I needed.

"Then" Waited 20 minutes, but sent myself a test email and received in less than 5 minutes. So sent two emails from my wifes yahoo to my gmail. One email I deleted off my device, and it was deleted in my gmail (on web). The other deleted from my gmail (on web), but changes did not take to delete from my BB. Went to sleep and woke up this morning and found the email gone.

I would venture to say that web to device changes may be synced via a heartbeat or something. I know it should be instant, but something is telling me that that is not the case right now. For the most part, I am pretty satisfied with the pre-Xmas gift from google, "pre-c-ate it"!

It is not the case because gmail IMAP is only set to poll through the BIS. Gmail's pop service as you know will allow this type of sync almost immediately.

Not sure why you changed to Gmail IMAP, you will not see any true benefits through the BIS. IMAP through Thunderbird on the other hand...

DaBlackberryBoy
11-07-2007, 08:48 AM
It is not the case because gmail IMAP is only set to poll through the BIS. Gmail's pop service as you know will allow this type of sync almost immediately.

Not sure why you changed to Gmail IMAP, you will not see any true benefits through the BIS. IMAP through Thunderbird on the other hand...

I guess thats for me to find out if there are not any benefits. As for Thunderbird, that is moot to me, I have no need for that. I try to keep it as simple as possible, my blackberry and email account in BIS, nothing more or less. I dont even have much stuff installed on my blackberry, I am the type that doesnt need overhead.

And FYI, since changing over to IMAP, instead of ending up POP access to my emails thru BIS, and having to go and remove the messages not only from my device but once again from my gmail account(s), "I" (keyword) find it easier to remove them from my device (since access to computer is limited usually), and I can keep that stuff most important to me in my inbox and be rid of unnecessary garbage.

True, some say that there may not be any true benefits for some with GMail IMAP, but for me being always out needing access to email for my business that I have forwarded to gmail accounts along with my personal email, and being able to have this kind of access to my email works "for me". Appreciate your feeback though...

jsntrenkler
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I noticed several delays with Gmail IMAP ... However it seems to be fixed now, and I did notice that my Gmail Account was just upgraded to the Version 2.0 ... So maybe that did have something to do with it.

welery
11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi guys, troll the site but never post.

I have had delay issues with Gmail all day. I tried sending service books, logging in to the BIS website (which completely failed) and finally I contacted ATT and was told there is a outage.