PDA

View Full Version : Can't delete Ebook Program of 8830.... ideas?

gameboy213
10-31-2007, 03:48 PM
I installed to ebooks from MobileSoftMarket and read them and would like to get them off my device.... they each come with there own 'application' that you have to delete. I tried using PocketMac but they aren't listed as installed applications... then I tried under Option/Application to delete them, but they are not listed there either. Then I tried to find the 'ebook' module but there is none..... So it's like they aren't actually on my device, yet they are right there and I an open and use them.
Any ideas as to how I can remove them?

akosnitzky
10-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Did you pull the battery and restart your device?

gameboy213
10-31-2007, 03:56 PM
yep.... many times..... that isn't changing anything sady.

John Clark
10-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Check the service books. Options >Advanced Options >Service books and delete any that appear to be for that service.

gameboy213
10-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Nothing there either.... Here is what they told me....

Alternatively, you can check the "Modules" options in the application listing of your BlackBerry you already mentioned. Some BlackBerry OS version support to delete single modules (which represent in this case the application / ebook).

But there is nothing listed anywhere......

John Clark
10-31-2007, 04:09 PM
If it's installed on the device then there HAS to be a module for it. You're likely just missing it. Look for modules that don't have the same version number as your OS. There may be other 3rd party app modules with different version numbers than the OS but that will at least help you to narrow down the ebook modules.

gameboy213
10-31-2007, 05:34 PM
OK I found the modules... they are just numbers... with no word/title.. but how can I delete them from the module list? I have never done that before.

John Clark
10-31-2007, 05:35 PM
If you're sure of the modules to delete, just highlight them and click the menu key and select delete.

gameboy213
10-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Well there is no delete option in the menu.... I had to go all the way to:

opitons/Advanced/applications
then Menu and select Modules

that is where they are listed and there is no way to delete them from that list.....

rivviepop
10-31-2007, 09:29 PM
that is where they are listed and there is no way to delete them from that list.....

That's no fun - the absence of a Delete is usually reserved for the OS modules themselves, not any of the 3rd party stuff you installed. I assume if you find another 3rd party app in the list and click the Menu, you get a Delete option? (sanity check)

Any chance you could borrow a Windows PC (work? friend?) and install the BB desktop software so you can try running the Application Loader? This would be the next step I'd take, see if the RIM AppLoader can get in there and wipe out those modules for you....

(crazy problems like this are why I still keep Windows installed in dual boot mode on my laptop. sad, but necessary)

gameboy213
11-01-2007, 12:08 AM
I use Parallels on my Macbook Pro for the same reason.... but sadly after installing Missing Sync, my 'pc' won't connect to my 8830 ever... no matter what I do. I do have a proper pc laying around and will have to try that tomorrow.
So frustrating.... poorly built apps do this and I hate it!