PDA

View Full Version : There has to be a trick!! (getting work email)

Chicago1122
11-01-2007, 10:02 AM
OK, company uses BES, but only allows users who have a work issued BB to access it. I have a curve that I would like to pull my work email through personal email. We use exchange and have outlook web access, so i would like to would be able to synch. BUT in order to access webmail i have to enter my token and RSA code (stupid security policy)

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much in advance

Justin in Chicago

JSanders
11-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the BBForums.

Justin, to do that which your BES expressly forbids would be wrong, aside from stupidly putting your job in question. They have the policy there for a reason. I don't think you will find much help here to break policies. This just isn't that kind of place.

Good luck.

jsconyers
11-01-2007, 10:17 AM
I have to agree with JSanders on this one. If in some way you were able to pull this off, you would most likely put yourself in jeopardy. I think your best bet would be to talk to your BES admin and see if he has any suggestions for you. It never hurts to ask.

jeremyckitching
11-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the BBForums.

Justin, to do that which your BES expressly forbids would be wrong, aside from stupidly putting your job in question. They have the policy there for a reason. I don't think you will find much help here to break policies. This just isn't that kind of place.

Good luck.

Agreed

Chicago1122
11-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Agreed

Thanks guys... just after 5 years of having a BB i'm experiencing a bit of withdrawal,

Other people outside of our corporate location have found a work around, I guess I’ll put my feelers out internally,

cheers

jfalkingham
11-01-2007, 12:33 PM
What email client do you use for your corporate mail? Perhaps you can forward incoming mail on a rule criteria to an external mail address? If you company prohibits that, then all you can do is be in withdrawal:?

ArgonNJ
11-01-2007, 12:46 PM
You could always ask if they will issue you a company BB. Maybe offer to pay them for its use. You never know unless you ask.

spyd4r
11-02-2007, 09:03 AM
What about BlackBerry Redirector?

akosnitzky
11-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the BBForums.

Good luck.

Agreed (n)

Deaks2
11-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Had the same issue.

-Setup a rule in Outlook that all new mail gets redirected (not forwarded) to your BB carrier email addy.
-Setup BCC in BIS so that you get your replies back on yoru exchange server.
-Setup a rule in BIS to not send msgs from yourself to your handheld.
-Setup a rule in Outlook to automatically put all mail sent from your BB into your Sent Items folder and mark them as read.