PDA

View Full Version : Help.. can't enter password

rickg
11-02-2007, 07:51 PM
I accidently pressed a combination of keys when placing my BB in it's leather case without realising. I later went to use my BB but when I tried to enter my password, the text box enters characters from right to left and the text appears to be in Arabic or similar language. I have no idea how to revert back to normal as I cannot now access any applications.
One other thing is that I can't seem to turn off the Caps lock. As soon as I enter any text the Caps symbol appear in the top right.

Can anyone please help?

John Clark
11-02-2007, 07:54 PM
That doesn't sound good. You may have no choice but to enter the wrong pasword 10 times then it will wipe the device. I hope you have a backup. Are you on a BES by chance?

rickg
11-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I'm on a company BES. I haven't been through my company Helpdesk yet as past experience tells me they won't know the answer to something like this.

John Clark
11-02-2007, 08:03 PM
You're likely going to need to start all over. Enter the wrong password 10 times. That will wipe the device. It will likely still be in the arabic or whatever language. if you can figure out how to change it back, great. If not you may be able to use Desktop Manager to remove all the other languages. If you can't do that you'll need to wipe the device with JL_Cmder and reload the OS to get back to English. You'll then need to reactivate on your BES which will bring back most of your data (depending on BES version) except for messages.

rickg
11-02-2007, 08:08 PM
It's only the text I enter that is in arabic. The rest of the displays show in english, such as the "enter password" box.

John Clark
11-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Did you try pulling the battery?

rickg
11-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Yes...1st thing I tried, but to no avail.

rickg
11-03-2007, 08:00 AM
I tried enetering the password 10 times, but wasn't able to!! As soon as you enter it incorrectly 5 times it asks you to enter "blackberry", and I can't do this because it still doesn't recognise the arabic text. Any other thoughts?

jeremyckitching
11-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Like John said earlier you will probably need to use the JL_Cmder to wipe the device and start over at this point.